Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Anyone else ever have these symptoms--update

Ive been having right arm pain and heartburn every day fir three weeks. The heartburn even radiates into my back. I went to the dr. Last week and told her i thought it was my gall bladder but she said the location of the pain was right but that it didnt seem severe enough. She said i would be in the e.r. After one day of the pain. She didblood work but she said sometimes blood work comes back normal even when there is still something wrong. She was supposed to orderan ultrasound, but ihavent gotten the appointment yet. After talkimg to my grandmother this weekend, im more convinced that its my gall bladder since these are the exact symptoms she had before she had hers removed. Anyone else experience this? Is there anything else that would cause these both symptoms together?

Update: i had my u/s this morning. I had prepped myself on what to look for on the machine, but the tech had it turned so i couldnt. The only weird thing is she kept asking me to hold my breath...she must have asked 10-20 times. So im wondering if that means she found something and was taking pictures of it? I wont have the results til at least tuesday.

~Melissa~Wife to Jarrod~Mommy to Nathan, Kristina, Tyler, and Ryan~

by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 7:10 PM
Replies (11-17):
lostosbourne
by Audi on Jul. 31, 2012 at 4:52 PM

To me that sounds like gallbladder trouble. When I was pregnant with my first son I had an episode of pain. It lasted a few minutes and felt like a stabbing pain in my chest going thru to my back. Well, while i was pregnant I didnt experience the pain anymore. When Timmy was 2 mo old I had just finished eating and was starting to nurse him when I had this excruciating (spelling) pain that felt like I was having a heart attack. It went from the front to the back and I had to stop his feeding so I could throw up. I had cold sweats too. I was all alone and so I called my cousins to come over. They did and we called my doc and he said to monitor the pain and if it happens again or gets worse to come in. After I threw up the pain subsided but I was still scared. A couple days later it happened again and so I went to the doc and he said gallbladder. So he ordered an ultrasound right then and there and sure enough it was my gallbladder. I had stones. He said I could either have the stones removed or have the whole gallbladder removed. I asked him what he would choose if it was him. He said the pain will get worse every episode and the stones can come back and you can live without a gallbladder. So I had it removed. Only bad thing about it was it dried up all my milk so I couldnt nurse Timmy anymore. Other then that it was a great decision. I hope they find out for sure what is wrong. Do you throw up or have cold sweats?? Does the pain happen after you eat? Dairy and some fatty foods will trigger the pain too. Anyway, good luck to you. 

I LOVE MY CRAZY FAMILY!!

Audi aka LostOsbourne

LexRi0709
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 4:53 PM
My mil had the same symptoms. She had to have her gallbladder removed. She's 1 1/2 yrs post surgery and doing great.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 5:07 PM

I had gallstones. I didn't get pain in my right arm, but the rest sounds right.

I didn't go to the ER for the pain. I'm not sure why the doctor would assume that. Everyone has different levels of tollerance to pain.

MomtoSloan
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 10:07 AM
I had your symptoms as well, and had the same thing happen as lostosbrnes post. Except my milk didn't dry up and I nursed my baby through the whole ordeal. Hopefully you have had an u/s by now, I was admitted to the hospital, they wouldn't even let me go home to get my things, I also have a high tolerance for pain. It is such a common thing to happen while you are pregnant or during your fertile years. If it is your gallbladder make sure you ask them to give you anti nausea drugs in your Iv when they are bringing you around after being under anesthesia, I have had a few surgeries in the past and it is a world of difference having it. You will feel so much better afterwards and it's so worth it to just get it out. Good luck!
Nathans_mom0612
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 10:22 AM
Quoting lostosbourne:

To me that sounds like gallbladder trouble. When I was pregnant with my first son I had an episode of pain. It lasted a few minutes and felt like a stabbing pain in my chest going thru to my back. Well, while i was pregnant I didnt experience the pain anymore. When Timmy was 2 mo old I had just finished eating and was starting to nurse him when I had this excruciating (spelling) pain that felt like I was having a heart attack. It went from the front to the back and I had to stop his feeding so I could throw up. I had cold sweats too. I was all alone and so I called my cousins to come over. They did and we called my doc and he said to monitor the pain and if it happens again or gets worse to come in. After I threw up the pain subsided but I was still scared. A couple days later it happened again and so I went to the doc and he said gallbladder. So he ordered an ultrasound right then and there and sure enough it was my gallbladder. I had stones. He said I could either have the stones removed or have the whole gallbladder removed. I asked him what he would choose if it was him. He said the pain will get worse every episode and the stones can come back and you can live without a gallbladder. So I had it removed. Only bad thing about it was it dried up all my milk so I couldnt nurse Timmy anymore. Other then that it was a great decision. I hope they find out for sure what is wrong. Do you throw up or have cold sweats?? Does the pain happen after you eat? Dairy and some fatty foods will trigger the pain too. Anyway, good luck to you. 

I dont throw up or have cold sweats but after i eat pizza i get really bad stomach cramps. I am hurled over in pain and sometimes have to crawl to the bathroom. Sometimes there is diarhea. And sometimes there isnt.

Nathans_mom0612
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 10:23 AM
Quoting MomtoSloan:

I had your symptoms as well, and had the same thing happen as lostosbrnes post. Except my milk didn't dry up and I nursed my baby through the whole ordeal. Hopefully you have had an u/s by now, I was admitted to the hospital, they wouldn't even let me go home to get my things, I also have a high tolerance for pain. It is such a common thing to happen while you are pregnant or during your fertile years. If it is your gallbladder make sure you ask them to give you anti nausea drugs in your Iv when they are bringing you around after being under anesthesia, I have had a few surgeries in the past and it is a world of difference having it. You will feel so much better afterwards and it's so worth it to just get it out. Good luck!

Thank you. My u/s istomorrow. I will be happy to finally have some answers.

kitty8199
by Nicole on Aug. 1, 2012 at 10:57 AM
If you have small stones the pain wouldn't be as extreme. Get the US before you are. GB pain is worse than childbirth.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)