Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Did you....

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 1:50 AM
  • 41 Replies
Pierce your daughters ears? I have twin girls and I am torn as to whether or not I should pierce their ears. I know my mom did mine and I like em.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 1:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jillbailey26
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 2:17 AM

Yep.  I think she was 7mo old.  I wanted to get it done, over with, and not have to worry about it.  Now, at 4, I just buy her earrings and she wears them.  Later, she'll be able to pick them out herself and wear them.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

cav629
by Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 4:57 AM
Cool. That's what I am thinking. I has someone tell me don't you want to leave that choice to her when she gets older but mine were done when I was a baby to.

Quoting jillbailey26:

Yep.  I think she was 7mo old.  I wanted to get it done, over with, and not have to worry about it.  Now, at 4, I just buy her earrings and she wears them.  Later, she'll be able to pick them out herself and wear them.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LyTe684
by Tasha on Aug. 4, 2012 at 4:59 AM
No. Her ears are different. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elyssa414
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 8:45 AM
I don't have a daughter, but my mom made me wait until I could care for them properly- I was 5. I think I would do the same.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elyssa414
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 8:46 AM
Can I ask what you mean? Just curious/nosey. ;)

Quoting LyTe684:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LyTe684
by Tasha on Aug. 4, 2012 at 9:01 AM
1 mom liked this
One of her earlobes is shaped different. Like it didn't form in a 'circle'. The bottom is kinda pointy. No one really notices though. I didn't notice it until DH pointed it out the day after she was born.

Quoting Elyssa414:

Quoting LyTe684:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elyssa414
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 9:05 AM
Aww. That's good that it's not super noticeable, but bummer you can't get them pierced.

Quoting LyTe684:

One of her earlobes is shaped different. Like it didn't form in a 'circle'. The bottom is kinda pointy. No one really notices though. I didn't notice it until DH pointed it out the day after she was born.

Quoting Elyssa414:

Quoting LyTe684:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LyTe684
by Tasha on Aug. 4, 2012 at 9:14 AM
Yeah. I planned on piercing them.. But when I saw that, I figured I don't want to draw attention to it unless she wants to. So I'll let her decide.

Quoting Elyssa414:

Aww. That's good that it's not super noticeable, but bummer you can't get them pierced.

Quoting LyTe684:

Quoting Elyssa414:

Quoting LyTe684:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kitty8199
by Nicole on Aug. 4, 2012 at 12:36 PM
No. I will wait until she is older and wants it.
There is a chance they can grow unevenly and the holes not be even.
My friend had a friend who got hers pierced as a baby, it got caught on a blanket and ripped out. Her ear is still messed up as an adult.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MIA0223
by Michelle on Aug. 4, 2012 at 1:00 PM
I did, but next time I will wait until age 3.
She got them pierced twice, 4 months and then she learned to take them out by 15 months, even the screw back kind. So I let them close and waited until she was 3.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)