Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have to clean the *#+@ bath tub EVERY day!

Posted by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 8:32 PM
  • 20 Replies
My dh works at wastewater and water plants, and he gets all dirty in his line of work. Every day, I clean the tub before I take a bath, then when he gets home he will shower, and there will be a thick gross layer of filth on the bottom of the tub. He won't clean it. My dd had a birthday party today, and I really scrubbed the tub so it was sparkling, then dh got back from work, (he has to work on weekends once every three or four weeks). So, he gets home and showers in the sparkling clean tub, gets it filthy again, and just draws the curtain so our guests won't see it. By then I didn't have time to clean it, especially since it was still draining and I had my hands full with the baby. I don't get too much on his case about it, though, because I feel bad for him b/c he works so hard, and I know that isn't a pleasant job. Like, him working on the weekends happens when he's on call, and so last night he didn't get any sleep because he kept getting called out. So, I'm not mad at HIM about it, it's just frustrating to keep having to clean it every day. Ick. Side note, my poor exhausted dh has been napping for the past three hours ever since the party ended. This is the last night of on call for him and I hope they don't call him out again. I do really respect what he does to support our family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 8:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Barabell
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 8:37 PM

Have you tried any of those self cleaning shower products? I haven't really, but I was wondering if one of them would help your situation.

loisl25
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 8:54 PM
No, but I want to.

Quoting Barabell:

Have you tried any of those self cleaning shower products? I haven't really, but I was wondering if one of them would help your situation.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LyTe684
by Tasha on Aug. 5, 2012 at 9:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Wait for him by the door, and hose his ass down before he gets in. lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
loisl25
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 9:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol! I can just see that. Welcome home, honey!

Quoting LyTe684:

Wait for him by the door, and hose his ass down before he gets in. lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RuthieJo1947
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Just be thankful that he has a job.

If you're a SAHM then it's your job to keep the house clean, and that means cleaning the bathtub, even if it's fifty times a day.

sweettigeress
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 9:20 AM

Why do you clean it before he showers knowing he's just going to dirty it again??

sweettigeress
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 9:24 AM
2 moms liked this

If you're a sahm your "job" is taking care of your kids and making sure they're healthy and happy. 

Quoting RuthieJo1947:

Just be thankful that he has a job.

If you're a SAHM then it's your job to keep the house clean, and that means cleaning the bathtub, even if it's fifty times a day.

in love       girl on a swing            toddler girl

Wife to Josh  Mother to Saria        Mother to Kairi

barefootmommi
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 10:47 AM
I boy do I know how you feel my husband works in a galley it gets to be hundred and some degrees on there and they work in long pants and Steele toe work boots he makes huge messes and sometimes with everything I do I get overwhelmed because I have a daughter who has special needs and I do everything by myself I have a job too I'm not a stay at home mom but I feel bad asking him to do much of anything
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kagegirl
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 11:16 PM
Buy a can of scrubbing bubbles and ask him to house the tub down with it when he gets out. 10 minutes later, ready to wipe down and it will sparkle again. My first husband worked in oil feels and he was always filthy. Doing this saved me a huge headache Every day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steveiguana
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 8:07 AM

small price to pay for a hardworking man who is trying to take care of the family.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)