Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Young kids stealing??

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 11:22 AM
  • 3 Replies

I have tried everything i can think of about the little girls in my house stealing from family members. They have been spanked, tv privilages taken away, talked to about Gods Commandments, They were taken to the family member they stole from and apologized to them. They have been through alot. A divorce and some other things. I dont know if it is normal phase 10 and 8 yr olds go through. Help Please....

by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 11:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MrsImperfect
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 11:26 AM
I dont think its a normal phase but some kids are like that. My kids do not steal. Ive never had an issue. But my nieces and nephews are chronic stealers. They have since they were young. In their teens now and things still come up missing. During hoildays we have to hide anything valuable. I have no advice. My sister could never stop them either. But she gave up after awhile :-\
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elyssa414
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 11:27 AM
It's definitely not a normal phase, but it sounds like they are acting out for attention and to show how angry they are about every thing. I would look into some counseling and maybe ask you local PD if you can bring them in to talk to a police officer about what happens if they continue down this path! Good luck mama!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bcthomas_0105
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 11:52 AM

I told the girls dad if it happens again I was going to get a friend of ours that is a police officer to come over to the house and scare them. I really dont want it to have to come to that. They have done some counseling. I am at a last resort on this. They have only done it once. I really hope and Pray this is the only time it happens.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)