Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

My Story

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 2:39 PM
  • 18 Replies
1 mom liked this

I don't normally just go out there and tell people who didn't ask, what my story is. I just felt the need to talk about it though and I hope you lovely ladies don't mind. 

For 11 years, my husband and I have struggled with infertility. I was morbidly obese and had lost almost 40 pounds. At that point I got pregnant (in 2006) but had a miscarriage. That was six years into our marriage. After that, I gave up on trying and gained back the weight, plus more because of how depressed I was. 

We went to some fostering classes in 2007 thinking that maybe we could end up adopting a child that way. Even if we never adopted, at least I would have children in my life. I was okay with that. At that point I had given up completely on having a child of my own. 

At that point we were talking about gastric bypass surgery. It had been brought up before but I never wanted to give up on the idea that I could lose the weight myself. I had tried and tried. Every diet, even some pills. Nothing ever worked. Finally in 2009 I said, "Let's go for it." I had lost 170 pounds and even after that, I couldn't get pregnant. 

Then we started the fertility treatment process. It took nearly a year to get things in order. Blood work, tests, meetings; all of that sort of thing. We couldn't do a fertility treatment at my husband's job at the time, so part of that wait was due to him looking for, finding a job and waiting for that insurance to go through. To be honest, I had absolutely no faith that the treatments would work. I was only going along with it for him. 

We finally had gotten to the point where it was time to start my fertility drugs. This was in November of 2011. I was waiting for my period to come so that I could start the drugs. It wasn't coming and it wasn't coming. Finally after 8 days I called the fertility people and asked if something might have gone wrong with the sonohysterogram that they performed. She said that wasn't likely, and that she would order a blood test to find out what was happening. 

I got the blood test but they did the wrong blood work! So I had to go back again. In the meantime, my mom encouraged me to get a pregnancy test but I didn't want to. Finally I gave in and got one, just so I could eliminate that possibility from my mind. I wanted to tell her and my husband that I was right: I was not pregnant. Well guess what? Two pink lines showed up! One was extremely faint, barely even there so I still doubted it. However, the woman at the fertility clinic confirmed it: I was pregnant and got pregnant WITHOUT drugs! 

Throughout my whole pregnancy, I still couldn't believe that I was pregnant. I couldn't believe that we created a miracle. A true miracle. Now my little angel is here, and she really is perfect. She is almost three weeks old. 

I guess I felt the need to write this for those who have lost hope. I know I did, but my faith has been restored. 

Here is my sweet angel, at two days old: 

Athena Curie <3

by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 2:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steveiguana
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 5:10 PM

congrats and ty for sharing

Barabell
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 5:13 PM

She's beautiful.

Thank you for sharing your story. It's very touching.

MaskedMomma
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 5:21 PM

congradulations!

My EX husband and I struggled with conciving also. We tried everything possible on our own, and finally after 5 years of trying we made an appt. w/ a fertility clinic. Well the day before the appt. 3 different friends made comments or told me to take a test. I did, and I was. I had multiple miscarriages before that. I had 2 miscarriages between having her and her sister, and almost lost her but the protogone shots kept her safe. I've had 3 miscarriages since then and am also w/ a different man now. But I'm currently 9 months pregnant w/ this one. Plus I have 2 stepkids too! It's amazing thinking how at one point and time I didn't think I could ever have any children and had given up hope. I'm so blessed as are you!

witch_e_woman
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 6:18 PM
She's beautiful hun...congrats!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
merryvoice
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 9:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks everyone, for your responses. I definitely am very blessed, and thanks for the lovely compliments on my little girl! 

Courtney610
by Courtney on Aug. 8, 2012 at 9:18 PM
What a beautiful baby! Hank you for sharing your story!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hkcason
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 8:56 AM

What a beautiful little miracle. Even tho i'm not ttc thats an inspiring story! Enjoy your special little girl!!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

kkillette91
by New Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:08 AM
Beautiful! An amazing story im glad you got your sweet baby girl!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LyTe684
by Tasha on Aug. 10, 2012 at 1:30 PM

Pretty girl. Congrats!

twokids0407
by Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 1:39 PM
That is awesome and absolutely a beautiful little princess, love the name too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)