Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

My mom isnt really giving me her opinion about this so I was wondering if you could. Please

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 12:15 AM
  • 13 Replies

So I found an ad about this girl needing roommates for her condo. When I went to go look at it there was probably 30 to 40 empty quart size bottles of hard liquor on top of the kitchen cabinets(like they were trophies). When I asked her about them she said they were from her roommate last year, that she "kicked out". I am in college with a tough major. I don't have time to party/drink and I don't like doing that stuff anyways, not my style. She told me that they Never have parties and how she doesn't want to get into trouble with her dad, since he owns the condo. She also said that she only drinks at family gathering and doesn't get drunk and the other roommate doesn't drink at all. I also would have to share a room with another girl, so its not like I can go to my room and lock the door if there is a party.

Do you think she is telling the truth or playing me, cause they are in desperate need for someone to pay the rest of the rent. And the question I keep asking myself is why does no one else on the softball team want to live there, do the have a bad reputation and why has everyone else been able to rent and find another roommate and she hasn't? And if her and her dad are not happy about parties and drinking then why are the bottles of liquor still there. Because if it was me and I didn't drink and was trying to rent, I would throw the bottles away because to me it sends the wrong message.

I could live in this dorm room that I didnt want which is why I went to look at the condo. But the dorm room is really small, rundown and I would have to share a bathroom with 22 other girls. I have mega stomach issues and I wouldn't feel comforable using the bathroom while other girls are in it. In the condo I would have my own bathroom, which would be nice. What do you guys think of this situation?

by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 12:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 12:19 AM
1 mom liked this
I think she's lying. I don't know anyone who would keep the liquor bottles, especially if they don't drink.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steveiguana
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 7:13 AM

gp with your gut and if you do go with the condo have a backup plan in place. Have you talked to the college about bathroom issues if you have a medical cndition perhaps something can be arranged esp if your doc. confirms it for you.

jerzeetomato
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 8:18 AM

I think you already know the answer, here.  The girls in the condo are either lieing to you about the parties and the drinking, or they're lazy (since they haven't cleaned up all the empties) - the fact that none of the other girls on the softball team want to room with them speaks volumes (especially if the condo girls are also on the team).  The dorm will be somewhat of a sacrifice, but if you're concerned about your studies, it will be the best way for you to go.  

Allebas
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 8:39 AM

WOW!! Your post totally screams of lies!! Of course the girl is going to lie to you when they need someone so bad to help pay the rest of the rent. I knew a lot of ppl that partied in college and I can tell you NONE of them kept empty liquor bottles. I would have asked her that if the old liquor bottles had belonged to a roommate she had kicked out last year, how come she didn't throw away the girls liquor bottles? It doesn't sound like they care about being neat and tidy! If it was me, I would not rent from them! You said you have to share a bedroom with another girl--what if she is someone who likes to spend time awake with the light on at 3:00 AM reading in her bed or talking to her boyfriend on her cell phone and doesn't 'want' to go into the livingroom to do her 'chatting? I think the fact that the other girls on the softball team not wanting to rent the room speaks volumes! IMO, it sounds like a situation that you will regret having gotten yourself into if you choose to take the room--and again--don't forget--its a shared room at that! Good luck!!

StudentofLife
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 8:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like you need to find option 3. Follow your gut on the condo rental.

weezer_cookie
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 8:44 AM
Wait, where are the children going to sleep?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
my2boysandgirl
by New Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 8:56 AM

I was going to ask the same thing. If you are a mom then what is going on with your children while you are living at college?

Quoting heartmoms:

So I found an ad about this girl needing roommates for her condo. When I went to go look at it there was probably 30 to 40 empty quart size bottles of hard liquor on top of the kitchen cabinets(like they were trophies). When I asked her about them she said they were from her roommate last year, that she "kicked out". I am in college with a tough major. I don't have time to party/drink and I don't like doing that stuff anyways, not my style. She told me that they Never have parties and how she doesn't want to get into trouble with her dad, since he owns the condo. She also said that she only drinks at family gathering and doesn't get drunk and the other roommate doesn't drink at all. I also would have to share a room with another girl, so its not like I can go to my room and lock the door if there is a party.

Do you think she is telling the truth or playing me, cause they are in desperate need for someone to pay the rest of the rent. And the question I keep asking myself is why does no one else on the softball team want to live there, do the have a bad reputation and why has everyone else been able to rent and find another roommate and she hasn't? And if her and her dad are not happy about parties and drinking then why are the bottles of liquor still there. Because if it was me and I didn't drink and was trying to rent, I would throw the bottles away because to me it sends the wrong message.

I could live in this dorm room that I didnt want which is why I went to look at the condo. But the dorm room is really small, rundown and I would have to share a bathroom with 22 other girls. I have mega stomach issues and I wouldn't feel comforable using the bathroom while other girls are in it. In the condo I would have my own bathroom, which would be nice. What do you guys think of this situation?

kelly24019
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 8:58 AM
She's lying
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GertieK
by Silver Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:15 AM

What kids?  She didn't mention she had kids.  But yes, the girl is lying to you.  Be afraid,  be very afraid.

Barabell
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:23 AM

Quoting GertieK:

What kids?  She didn't mention she had kids.  But yes, the girl is lying to you.  Be afraid,  be very afraid.

This is CafeMom. The assumption is that she would be a mom somehow.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN