Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

i dont understand people

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:05 PM
  • 45 Replies
I'm talking to a friend. She won't buy her child a new car seat bc she can't afford it. I even said a scenera is 39. She said they can't even do that saving bc they can't pay their current bills.
Well she wants another kid. If you don't have the money to SAVE 39, you don't need another kid.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Courtney610
by Courtney on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:11 PM
Yikes! 😣
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Punkie74
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:19 PM
3 moms liked this
Why not? You don't actually have to take care of your kids... Didn't you know you can rely on the government to support them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kitty8199
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:26 PM
Could you imagine if the govt started buying essentials, like car seats? Oh dear Lord.

Quoting Punkie74:

Why not? You don't actually have to take care of your kids... Didn't you know you can rely on the government to support them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rbrown72707
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:30 PM
2 moms liked this

Just because she WANTS another kid doesn't mean she's going to have one.  I want another one, but I know we can't afford it, so we are not having anymore.  Wanting children is a very emotional decision for us women. We don't think logically about it.

nodramamama311
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:30 PM
1 mom liked this
As much as I like certain things for myself. I would NEVER deprive my child of essentials. If I had to I would go to organizations or friends/family if my kids needed something.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:34 PM

I completely agree and hate the selfishness of people like that

MIA0223
by Michelle on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:38 PM
Here they do :/
The car seat inspection program at the DMV give away car seats to people in need, There is always a huge stack of them by her booth, so does the state police!

Quoting kitty8199:

Could you imagine if the govt started buying essentials, like car seats? Oh dear Lord.

Quoting Punkie74:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kitty8199
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:38 PM
She was asking me for some of Maddie's baby clothes so she could try for a girl.

Quoting Rbrown72707:

Just because she WANTS another kid doesn't mean she's going to have one.  I want another one, but I know we can't afford it, so we are not having anymore.  Wanting children is a very emotional decision for us women. We don't think logically about it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kitty8199
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:44 PM
I think the hospital will give you one, but if the govt does, I've never heard of it here

Quoting MIA0223:

Here they do :/
The car seat inspection program at the DMV give away car seats to people in need, There is always a huge stack of them by her booth, so does the state police!

Quoting kitty8199:

Quoting Punkie74:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 10:11 PM

Damn, why try for another child if you can't take care of the one you have?

I have an only child, and I've wanted another child. But I've put that want on a back burner because we can't afford it. YET, I never was so broke that I couldn't afford the essentials for my son. If I had another child, I couldn't afford the essentials, and because of that, I stay on birth control.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN