Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Are there any other nice moms out there?

Posted by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 3:07 PM
  • 7 Replies

I've been wanting to meet other moms in our community, so yesterday, I went to the park. There was a farmers market at the park and I had a roll of bread with me. I took my daughter and husband to the play area and went to sit down on the bench next to mom # 1. I say, "I'm going to sit here and try not to eat this entire roll of bread" (thought a light joke would help). Her response was a forced smile and then started to complain that there wasn't enough shade (at the park, in the summer time) at this bench. Ok, moving on to mom #2, a nice lady who was with her dog. My daughter wanted to pet the dog. We approached smiling and asking if we can pet the dog. Mom # 2 says sure (how nice!), then proceeds to tell us that her dog loves children, and women, but does not like men. Then repeated it with an unusual pride and turned to see my husband standing nearby. I tried to make some awkward joke as I pulled my daughter away from the man-hater and her dog. Days like this are all too common in the suburbs of northern Georgia.

Seriously, are there any nice moms out there? Do you live anywhere close to me?

: )

by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 3:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MrsApple
by Bronze Member on Aug. 11, 2012 at 3:10 PM

Where at in Georgia are you? I'm in NW Georgia :) Usually most moms at the park are easy to talk to but I've come across some that will stare you down like you're a leper and walk away! I don't take it personally...it speaks volumes about them! 

rebeccab1966
by Member on Aug. 11, 2012 at 3:25 PM

So sorry, it shouldn't be this hard to find nice people, right?  But keep trying, they're out there somewhere!  Hugs!

jschanerman
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 6:39 PM

We are in Cumming.  What bugs me is I get the leper look when my husband is around. He has a ponytail. In a country where everyone seems so hell bent on tolerance and acceptance, why does a man in a ponytail scare everyone away? It's craziness! I did bump into a nice mom today at the yogurt shop so I know there is hope!!!

Quoting MrsApple:

Where at in Georgia are you? I'm in NW Georgia :) Usually most moms at the park are easy to talk to but I've come across some that will stare you down like you're a leper and walk away! I don't take it personally...it speaks volumes about them! 

sweettigeress
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 6:41 PM

I think you expect too much. Maybe lower your standards. 

steveiguana
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 6:51 PM
1 mom liked this

lol my mom had a dog like that too

MIA0223
by Michelle on Aug. 11, 2012 at 7:04 PM
This.

Quoting sweettigeress:

I think you expect too much. Maybe lower your standards. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jerzeetomato
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 7:08 PM
1 mom liked this

It is tough to find other women to connect with, isn't it?  Just keep plugging away - you're bound to meet one or two somewhere.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)