Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Do you ever think that the reason our country has been so blessed is because we are, 'One nation, under God'.?

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 1:11 PM
  • 60 Replies
3 moms liked this
I do. In fact, it seems to me the safest, most prosperous countries are the ones which are primarily Christian. Now, don't get me wrong, I respect that different people have different religious beliefs, after all, God gave us the freedom to choose what to believe, as well as weather to sin or not, otherwise he would never have put the forbidden fruit in the Garden of Eden, but I do believe that we've been so blessed because this country has so many Christians. I also often think that the reason things have been in decline is because we in general as a country have been moving away from God. I worry a lot about what will happen if the trend of our country slowly turning it's back on God continues. I'm not saying the separation of church and state should stop. People should always be free to make up their own minds and hearts, but I do think the people of our country need to wake up, spiritually.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 1:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
smallfry3280
by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 1:39 PM
1 mom liked this

well said i think

Elyssa414
by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 1:53 PM
7 moms liked this
No. I have never once thought that. Ever...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emelymac
by Member on Aug. 16, 2012 at 1:57 PM
2 moms liked this
Ok...so how do you explain primarily Christian countries that aren't prosperous?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bashfull_77
by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 2:00 PM
No
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MIA0223
by Michelle on Aug. 16, 2012 at 2:18 PM

Quoting Elyssa414:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsix
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2012 at 2:22 PM

I agree....

Courtney610
by Courtney on Aug. 16, 2012 at 2:23 PM

Quoting Elyssa414:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smtxcowgirl
by Member on Aug. 16, 2012 at 2:33 PM
4 moms liked this
First of all, even though I am a citizen of the USA, you DO realize that a lot of members on here live in other countries, right?

And, the USA is no longer the "best" country in the world. It hasn't been for a while.

Do you honestly think the USA is one of the safest and most prosperous countries? America isn't even in the top 10!

I think it's hilarious you think the USA is "blessed".
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Susie on Aug. 16, 2012 at 2:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Never thought of it. The country has been going to hell in a handbasket though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smallfry3280
by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 2:51 PM

i was reading it as "best" in terms of it was founded on freedom. that is the basis to everything in this country. we fought for this country and freedom ...to be independent. I agree there are lots of issues with the USA but based on the constitution and declaration of independence....we have one of the best countries just because we do have so many freedoms. i think she was trying to say that this country was built on and around everything to do with God. and now with so many people coming against everything this country was founded on ,,,, that that is the reason we are not blessed or prosperous or even safe anymore. i could be wrong though; that is how i took it.

Quoting smtxcowgirl:

First of all, even though I am a citizen of the USA, you DO realize that a lot of members on here live in other countries, right?

And, the USA is no longer the "best" country in the world. It hasn't been for a while.

Do you honestly think the USA is one of the safest and most prosperous countries? America isn't even in the top 10!

I think it's hilarious you think the USA is "blessed".

busy mom

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)