Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

CDC Oral Sex Report: Two-Thirds Of Young Adults Engage In The Act, But Rate Among Teens Has Decreased

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 5:18 PM
  • 4 Replies

New data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reveal that two-thirds of young adults between the ages 15 and 24 in the United States engage in oral sex, but researchers suggest teens seem to be unaware of the risk of sexually transmitted infections that result from the act.

The information is based on 6,346 interviews conducted between 2007 and 2010.

Long article...here's more, including the not so helpful input from a former President :) 

Oh Boy...when I read this it made me say my prayers over again thanking GOD that my kids are grown and ones married! 

by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 5:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
LyTe684
by Tasha on Aug. 17, 2012 at 5:21 PM
Think I can get pillow pants and listerfeens installed in my kids? Lol JK.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Punkie74
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 5:37 PM
We are giving children the go ahead to make the decision to have sex and that's the problem right there... We look at kids and say "Well, you really shouldn't have sex but I know your too stupid to make a good decision so here's a condom!" Kids are sexually active earlier and earlier (including oral) because it has become the norm and is acceptiable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Susie on Aug. 17, 2012 at 5:39 PM
Sooooo glad my girls waited. I feel as if I did at least one thing right.

Quoting Punkie74:

We are giving children the go ahead to make the decision to have sex and that's the problem right there... We look at kids and say "Well, you really shouldn't have sex but I know your too stupid to make a good decision so here's a condom!" Kids are sexually active earlier and earlier (including oral) because it has become the norm and is acceptiable.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peggy_sue82
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 5:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Maybe its because I was sheltered growing up.But oral sex never crossed my mind as a teen.None of my friends dated.We just hung out in groups,and never had these worries.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)