Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

mirena iud birth control

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 10:00 PM
  • 5 Replies
I have been on mirena for about six months now, my doctor told me my periods would stop after about a month, well i had my periods every month, and they lasted two weeks straight each monthmonth, this month i didnt have a period at all. I dunno what to think, every month i had preg. Symptoms also including this month, so i took a preg test an it was negative.. But what i wanna kno is if u have the mirena does it give u negative results even if u are prego??? Help please
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 10:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
twokids0407
by Member on Aug. 17, 2012 at 10:21 PM
Not sure, but december ell be give years for mine being in. I took a test every month for that reason (during the first year), now I take one roughly every six months (it took awhile before I got used to the symptoms). But they have been negative and I'm not prego. Kinda wish out would fail, lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MyFamilyofSix
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 10:22 PM
1 mom liked this

nope you will get a positive if you're pregnant 

ronjen1117
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 8:55 AM
Mirena can give you pregnancy symptoms. I had it for 2 years. I finally had it removed because it made me feel so awful. Depressed, and I constantly had preg symptoms. This is not true for everyone. People either love it or hate it. Just like all birth control, it doesn't work for everyone. However, I have heard of people getting negative preg results on it when preg. I would contact your dr and ask them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2012 at 1:00 PM

The hormones can give you symptoms, yes.  But, it's likely that you're not pregnant.

heninger09
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 9:28 PM
Yea its a very good birth control! Justjust Wish it didnt give so many prego symtoms everymonth!!! I have a nervous breakdown everymonth because of it haha

Quoting twokids0407:

Not sure, but december ell be give years for mine being in. I took a test every month for that reason (during the first year), now I take one roughly every six months (it took awhile before I got used to the symptoms). But they have been negative and I'm not prego. Kinda wish out would fail, lol.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN