Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Did I do the right thing? -VENT- piog

Posted by   + Show Post

So last night I kicked my boyfriend out!
He is not the father of my daughter, and was telling me that I was parenting her wrong. He had helped his ex raise his nephew, he has been doing it longer and knows all. I'm pregnant with his child now and really don't want or need the drama and fighting... He has to turn everything into a fight and fights with my family all the time... I'm about ready to leave him altogether.

He has been getting on my last nerve for about 3 weeks now. He wont get a job, I mean, He's just LAZY!!! He leaves dirty diapers laying around the house... When I ask him to do something for me, he tells me that my sh** isn't his responsibility, Really??? I'm to the point where I don't know what to do anymore... I dont think he is ready to be a father... Which means i'll be back to being a single mother but this time to 2.

Any advice, What would you ladies do?

Tiffany Rose <3

by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 12:20 PM
Replies (11-18):
Barabell
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 11:42 AM

You did the right thing.

JoyKing
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 12:48 PM
He seems confused. He wants to live in your home a act like hes husband and father but not act like a husband and father. How long has this been going on?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KamisMommysGirl
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 12:58 PM

you did the right thing! I'm sorry you are going through this!

**MY KAMI IS GOING TO BE A BIG SISTER!**
Tiffany.Rose
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 1:06 PM

So in other words, you are saying i should have stayed with dd's father and allowed him to abuse both me and my daughter. He tried hitting her at a week old. So i did what was BEST for my daughter and I!
As for my current bf, he was never like that until we moved in with my grandparents in oregon... and now that we are moved out he still hasn't changed... besides, Not like I really had children planned this early in life anyways.. but I wouldn't change it for anything. You can feel sorry for my children all you want. I am a good mom.

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Funny thing is I now know the story and still feel the exact same way.  Before you go making all these babies you should know the relationship is for life and marry.  Then you are kind of forced to work out the issues instead of walking away everytime.  Sorry I still feel sorry for these children. 

If you knew your current BF since 2 or 3 then you should have already known that he was lazy and opinionated.  Instead you opted to live with him, create a baby and then kick him out for the things you should have known before you ever moved in together and created a baby.  Just sayin.....No sympathy for you here, but plenty for your innocent kids.

Quoting Tiffany.Rose:

First of all, My daughter's father and I were together for 2 1/2 years before I conceived her... And i left him by choice. His brother moved in and he started drinking real bad and getting abusive! That was my choice to be a single mother with her. Second, I'm not yet single. He is still my boyfriend, he's just staying at a friends until he gets his act together! and Third, I've known my boyfriend since I was about 2 or 3. Not like i had planned to leave dd father, we were engaged and had a date set... so next time, I would get the full story instead of just assuming!

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Maybe you need to start really knowing who you are sleeping with before you do.  I mean you now will have 2 children by two different dads and are still single and the second baby isn't even born yet.  Extremely sad situation for these children.

Tiffany.Rose
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 1:10 PM

This has only been going on since May. Before we moved in with my grandparents he was wonderful.. always helping, cooking, cleaning. But since then it's always sit on the couch, sit on the computer, play video games...

Quoting JoyKing:

He seems confused. He wants to live in your home a act like hes husband and father but not act like a husband and father. How long has this been going on?

GertieK
by Silver Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 1:26 PM

This kind of situation is more and more common.  No one seems to care that the kids, no matter how good of a mom you are, end up with the short end of the stick.  There is a reason for the process that takes place before marriage, for pre-marital counseling, etc.  Instead of doing your absolute best to make sure these things are clear before you are married, people just look on families as disposable units that can be swapped and changed when things get rough.  People say about a marriage license, "it just a piece of paper", but that is just not true.  If the proper value was placed on that piece of paper, and the vows that went with it were respected, children wouldn't end up with the short end of the stick.  The family is one of our most valued assets... not just of our own country but of any country...and exercising a little control and making sure things are stable both financially and emotionally before you get pregnant would go a long way toward preventing this kind of situation. 

Dontchawishuknu
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 1:31 PM

If it's not "his shit", then he has NO say so....Good on ya, Momma....

JoyKing
by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 12:31 PM

It's because he doesn't feel like a man. If a man can't provide, he feels like a failure. Lots of people will tell you to dump him. This is what's wrong with society. If something isn't working, we throw it away. True love is worth fighting for. Family is worth fighting for. Men can behave badly. So can women. If he is willing to make an effort, give him a chance. If he's not, then you just take care of yourself and those babies. 

Bless you!

Quoting Tiffany.Rose:

This has only been going on since May. Before we moved in with my grandparents he was wonderful.. always helping, cooking, cleaning. But since then it's always sit on the couch, sit on the computer, play video games...

Quoting JoyKing:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN