Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Do you...

Posted by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 1:05 PM
  • 23 Replies

Have a friend (or family member) that just HAS to copy or compete with EVERYTHING that you do?

by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 1:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
offrdngal
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 1:06 PM
1 mom liked this

No...I don't talk to people like that.  They piss me off and I can't deal with that kind of stupidity.

I had friend like that..but I ended the friendship quickly.  I also have a sister that is like that...I don't speak to her.

KamisMommysGirl
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 1:11 PM
1 mom liked this

No i dont......I wouldn't be able to deal with that!

**MY KAMI IS GOING TO BE A BIG SISTER!**
Elyce225
by Ruby Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 1:21 PM

I don't, thank goodness cause it drives me crazy.  My across the street neighbor (we have become really close) has a SIL like this though.  I love watching it unfold on FB.  They are coming to my neighbors house this weekend, I can not wait to meet her cause I'm going to one up her on everything.  She can be as mad at me as she wants.  My friend is so excited, lol.

LyTe684
by Tasha on Aug. 20, 2012 at 1:34 PM

LOL! Oh, you should record her reactions. lol!

Quoting Elyce225:

I don't, thank goodness cause it drives me crazy.  My across the street neighbor (we have become really close) has a SIL like this though.  I love watching it unfold on FB.  They are coming to my neighbors house this weekend, I can not wait to meet her cause I'm going to one up her on everything.  She can be as mad at me as she wants.  My friend is so excited, lol.

dingysfamily
by Suzi on Aug. 20, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Nope; I do have a family member that has to have better (or what she preceives as better, but it's not always better) though ..... but we all just ignore that and none of us let it bother us.  We just accept her and love her and let it go ... other than that she's great.

jerzeetomato
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 4:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I just know we would be fabulous friends/neighbors ;)

Quoting Elyce225:

jerzeetomato
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 4:53 PM

No, but there is a woman in town who feels that our daughters are in competition for EVERYTHING (they are in the same grade).  I am so happy that they are going to separate high schools this year - I would probably end up running her down with my car before the girls were seniors!  

Barabell
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 5:00 PM

Nope.

atlmom2
by Susie on Aug. 20, 2012 at 5:02 PM
No, thank goodness
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Texascandee
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 5:21 PM

Unfortunately I have a neighbor that has to buy her son everything my grandson gets..EVERYTHING.  If we even talk about getting him something they will go out that day and get it for their son.  At Christmas I asked the kid if he had a good Christmas and he said yes and that he got better stuff than D***** (my gs) got.  I asked him how he knew that and he said he just knew.  I told him you don't know what D got because you weren't in my house.  He said I don't care, I know my stuff was better.  I saw his mom a few days later and said something to her and she said she was so embarrassed but never apologized for the kids behavior or said anything to him.  I don't care how many kids I have in my house as soon as hers comes over there is always a fight or arguement.  I don't encourage my gs to go and see if he can play.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN