Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

My kids are pissed at me!!!

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 7:43 AM
  • 39 Replies
4 moms liked this
Apparently they didn't believe me when I told them if they were "too full" to finish their dinner that it would be served to them for bepreakfast!! I've had it with them wasting food! My favorite is them asking for seconds of one item then when they are told they may as soon as they finish what's on their plate (usually veggies) they are suddenly too full to eat another bite!! Of course I'm not going to make my kids eat when they are full but hey nothing says breakfast like sweet potatoes and green beans!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 7:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
teri4lance
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 7:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Just start having them eat the veggies first
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peggy_sue82
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 8:02 AM
2 moms liked this
My mom did the same thing.It taught us fast not to be wasteful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Susie on Aug. 22, 2012 at 8:26 AM
My MIL did this with dh and his siblings before, lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steveiguana
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 9:03 AM
1 mom liked this

then you are an excellent mom whenever my kids tell me that I get all happy knowing that I am doing a good job.

kagegirl
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 9:08 AM
1 mom liked this
Yeah my dd has been doing this. Suddenly, she is nice and hungry for good food when she realizes she will not get any dessert unless she eats her supper
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 10:33 AM
1 mom liked this

I would never do that.  However, if they don't finish their dinner they get nothing till breakfast but I would NEVER serve it to them for breakfast  That reminds me too much of Mommy Dearest.

Punkie74
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 10:40 AM
Sorry, I'm sick of throwing hard earned money in the trash on a daily basis because after asking for seconds of something on their plate they love, they are suddenly "too full" to finish their veggies.

Quoting fullxbusymom:

I would never do that.  However, if they don't finish their dinner they get nothing till breakfast but I would NEVER serve it to them for breakfast  That reminds me too much of Mommy Dearest.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MicheleJM
by Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 10:40 AM
I dont do that either. I remember my mother once insisted ds9 finish his dinner. He puked on her antique rug later. Lol. I bring leftovers to work and as for veggies I usually put them in tacos, hamburgers, casseroles etc. I dont like veggies either, that way we all eat them.

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bee81
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 10:44 AM

I don't see anything wrong with it as long as it is not spoiled. ( and i am not saying it is spoiled )

Quoting Punkie74:

Sorry, I'm sick of throwing hard earned money in the trash on a daily basis because after asking for seconds of something on their plate they love, they are suddenly "too full" to finish their veggies.

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Punkie74
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 10:46 AM
It's not always the veggies though... With these guys it's hard to tell what they "don't like" today. I don't get my panties in a bunch about something like unfinished white rice or something that's not really that good for them though. We don't put a lot on their plates but the rule is. You have to finish what's on your plate before you get seconds of anything.

Quoting teri4lance:

Just start having them eat the veggies first
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)