Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

How Can I Tell If This Is My Period?

Posted by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 10:20 PM
  • 15 Replies

Sounds like an odd question, I know! I consider myself fairly well-educated when it comes to my menstruation, but here is why I'm not sure whether or not I'm menstruating. I had a baby via c-section on 23 July. I had just stopped bleeding from that about five or six days ago. Then yesterday all of a sudden, I was bleeding again. I thought maybe this is my period? I don't have any other symptoms of it, but I've heard that sometimes happens. 

I know also that when a woman gets her period back depends on whether or not she's breastfeeding, but I was just curious to know what you ladies thought? 

by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 10:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweettigeress
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 10:22 PM
1 mom liked this

bleeding right after having a baby can stop and start up again. 

jaydensmom1726
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 10:33 PM

i dont know i bleed for the 6 week after then i had an iud put in at my 6 week visit and bleed 3 weeks after that

and then my period came back so i basically bleed for like 3 months after having my son

merryvoice
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 11:37 PM

That was something else that I was wondering. I thought that once it stopped, it stopped. Especially after five or six days. 

Quoting sweettigeress:

bleeding right after having a baby can stop and start up again. 

merryvoice
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Wow, I hope I don't bleed for three months! I was prepared for six weeks, but not three months! 

Quoting jaydensmom1726:

i dont know i bleed for the 6 week after then i had an iud put in at my 6 week visit and bleed 3 weeks after that

and then my period came back so i basically bleed for like 3 months after having my son

taina361
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 11:39 PM
I bleeded on n off for two months after my csection. It sucked
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jaydensmom1726
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 11:41 PM

your baby girl is soo cute

Quoting merryvoice:

Wow, I hope I don't bleed for three months! I was prepared for six weeks, but not three months! 

Quoting jaydensmom1726:

Punkie74
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 11:42 PM
I bled off and on for about 10 weeks after my second c-section... My doctor said that was completely normal. My cycle came back at around 6 monts pp... I was breast feeding as well, if that makes any difference.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MIA0223
by Michelle on Aug. 24, 2012 at 12:13 AM
Breastfeeding helps, but it's hormonal. I got mine back at 15 months PP after I ha DD. I was still breastfeeding when it came back.
Some breastfeed and get it back the next month!
Also spotting and infrequent bleeding can happen. Around 5 months PP I was bleeding, thought AF was back but it was just one day!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nynaeve24
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 12:24 AM
It's not unusual to bleed off and on for a while afterwards. U won't know until u really become cyclic again. Idk if ur breastfeeding or not but u might notice an increase in bleeding if you are, when you do breastfeed. Just like it caused cramping, because of uterine contractions before, it can still cause bleeding now when you breastfeed cause it still has the same effects. Ur hormones are still very unbalanced. Just be very careful. I had a c-section, went back on birth control, was breast feeding, cycles were still not normal and got pregnant again! My two youngest are 14 months apart lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yellownes8
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 12:27 AM
I had a baby in may. I bled for 6 weeks PP then I didn't bleed for a whole week. The next week I started bleeding again. I ended up having what was like a period 3x in July. I haven't bled since the end of July.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)