Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Maine woman gives birth to grandson

Posted by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 10:23 AM
  • 5 Replies

A woman from Madawaska, Maine recently gave birth to her own grandson.

Linda Sirois, 49, delivered Madden Brian Hebert via C-section on Aug. 17 at The Aroostook Medical Center in Presque Isle.

Sirois's daughter, Angel Hebert, 25, was told by her cardiologist that carrying a child could put her and a baby at risk because of a heart condition she has.

Hebert and her husband Brian, 29, are high school sweethearts and wanted to have a child. That is when Angel's mother stepped in.

"I couldn't imagine not offering to do this. I couldn't see them going through life without a child, while I am capable of helping them," said Linda. "It's only nine months for me to give them a child for life. I knew it could be done. I had heard of a 60-year-old grandmother serving as a surrogate for her grandchild, so I knew it was possible."

"She is amazing. I couldn't have asked for a better mother. It's such a great and selfless gift she has given us," said Angel. "She brought her grandson into the world and we now have our beautiful baby boy. We are all super excited."

Linda last gave birth to twins 20 years ago. When asked about her most recent pregnancy she said, "It's been an enjoyable pregnancy", said Linda. "Everything seemed to go smoothly and fall into place. It was likely my easiest pregnancy. I felt good and had no complications. I also had a great deal of support and well wishes from friends and family, and the community at large. God was with us throughout this whole process."

Linda and her husband Mike had a lot of support during the pregnancy. In fact, she wasn't the only one in her family pregnant the last nine months. Her oldest daughter Kristal Duval, 26, was also expecting. Kristal gave birth to Linda's first grandson on June 9.

A week after the birth, baby, parents, and Linda are all doing fine. Even after the amazing delivery, however; Linda feels she did what any caring mother, who was able, would do if presented with the same situation.

by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 10:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
sweetmissy_05
by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 10:24 AM

Amazing. Bless her heart.

ronan_keira_mom
by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 11:10 AM

Awesome! God bless this family!

LyTe684
by Tasha on Aug. 27, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Wow.

atlmom2
by Susie on Aug. 27, 2012 at 12:59 PM

If your young enough, go for it.  That is awesome.  My girls are not ready for kids and I am 51 so out of the question, lol. 

JoyKing
by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 12:59 PM

Oh my word! She must be very healthy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN