Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Do your kids have a tablet?

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 7:56 PM
  • 45 Replies
Or any other kind of smart device? If so, how old are they and what apps do they love?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 7:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Elyssa414
by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 7:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Elijah has one that he uses as a talking machine at school. (it's a Nook with the app JabTalk for augmentive communication).

He loves his puzzle games and connect the dots and all the read to me books and the game with the alligator in the bath and... There's a lot more. I'll have to look.

He's 10, but really 3-4. ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CreziaMommyTo2
by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 8:02 PM
1 mom liked this

DD 3, has an iPod touch, lots of learning apps, and she LOVES youtube

DS 5, has an iPad, behavior charts, science apps, math apps, LOVES youtube as well and has school apps, and social story apps (he is ASD) we are getting him a new iPad strictly for school

jillbailey26
by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 8:09 PM
1 mom liked this

We were thinking of getting the boys (8 & 9) Kindle Fires for Christmas.  Mainly to encourage reading and it'll be easier to check out ebooks from the library.  I'm not sure yet though.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

atlmom2
by Susie on Sep. 7, 2012 at 8:11 PM
1 mom liked this

My dd is 18 and has a Nook Tablet. 

jerzeetomato
by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 8:43 PM
1 mom liked this

My kids have iphones and they love their music and their games.  I have a Galaxy Tablet which I love.  I put the Kindle app on it.

Courtney610
by Courtney on Sep. 7, 2012 at 9:16 PM
1 mom liked this
My 8 year old has my old ipod touch.
Rose61487
by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 9:52 PM
1 mom liked this

My DD 4 has a Leapfrog Tablet. She has multiple apps on there, including Dora the Explorer, a dog app, and a school app that has multiple games on it. 

offrdngal
by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 10:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Hubby and I just bought our first smartphones, today.  Derek (14) will inherit my old IDEM phone (Motorola i475 Clutch).  Right now he has the $10.00 phone by Tracfone.

NananRaysmom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2012 at 10:13 PM
1 mom liked this
My 10yr old daughter has a nook tablet and a smartphone.

She likes all kinds of stuff..lots of games. Angry birds of corse! We play songpop back and forth..and she loves pandora.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AkashaGermaine
by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 12:42 AM
2 moms liked this
My dd5 has an Asus Transformer that was her dads. It has mostly learning apps, some ebooks and several games.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)