Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Planes Get Stuck Together in Mid-Air & Then Make Miraculous Landing (VIDEO) Are you scared of flying?

Posted by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 1:11 PM
  • 3 Replies

2 Planes Get Stuck Together in Mid-Air & Then Make Miraculous Landing (VIDEO)

Posted by Nicole Fabian-Weber on September 11, 2012 

planes collideAs much as I love going places, I HATE flying. Actually, I more so hate turbulence. Once the plane starts a-rocking, don't come a-knockin' ... at my seat ... because I'm probably having an Aviva Drescher-style panic attack. I like my flights to be smooth and uneventful -- no sudden jolts, dips, or collisions with other planes, thanks. So, if I was on either of these airplanes that collided into one another -- and then got stuck together -- it's pretty much a guarantee that I would crap my pants.

But good news! Both of these planes landed safely, despite getting caught up in one of the strangest things ever -- and somebody, who clearly wasn't all that ruffled by this occurrence, got it on tape.

Terrifying, right? I really have no idea how this guy was able to sit there calmly and film the entire event. Apparently, he's a professional cameraman, but didn't he have panicking to do? I'm amazed at this guy's composure.

Thankfully, the end to this downright bizarre event is a good one. One of the planes landed safely on the beach while the other one made it to a nearby airport.

This video certainly hasn't appeased my "distaste," shall we say, for air travel. But one thing's for sure -- sometimes, you just have to trust the pilot.

Are you scared of flying? What do you do to help yourself with this fear?

by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 1:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
atlmom2
by Susie on Sep. 12, 2012 at 1:31 PM
No, going to Paris in 10 days.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BL2010
by Bronze Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 2:10 PM

Nah, I love flying. I didn't read the whole story but I can't imagine how this happened.

1CrazyCajun
by Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 2:22 PM

I'll still fly. :)

Mainstream Moms Attached Parenting not quite your style. Are you more laid back?Come join other like minded moms.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)