Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Halloween is not even here yet and people are already asking for Christmas adoptions

Posted by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 7:27 PM
  • 8 Replies

I do not get it first off there are  local charities that are right now starting lists so if you have no income you should be asking there first. Then there is the fact that Christmas comes same time every year so why not buy and hide stuff all year long if it is important to you that your kid get a bunch of stuff. There is over three months left so if you know you are going to be in a bind now is the time to start looking to help yourself. Yardsales, craigslist, local charities, clearance sales, bogo sales, dollar items, make gifts there is time to do all that for yourself if you have time to go in Internet and beg for toys and gifts and even stockings then you have time to do a bit to make sure you are ready.

by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 7:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MIA0223
by Michelle on Sep. 13, 2012 at 7:34 PM
I kinda agree, but I was a poor kiddo before the Internet. Sometimes families can't even afford food let alone setting a few dollars aside.
My dad left my mom out of the blue after making her quit doing in home day care. We had nothing, my sister and I were thankful for charities like these!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Susie on Sep. 13, 2012 at 7:37 PM
I would like to see job opportunities posted instead of signing for Christmas help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steveiguana
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 7:44 PM

Mia that is what I mean why post on internet asking for help when it is months away and there are places local that will help

steveiguana
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 7:57 PM

Quoting atlmom2:

I would like to see job opportunities posted instead of signing for Christmas help.

great idea perhaps if they are applying for help at the local area they should have to prove they are job hunting like for unemployment or that they are disabled and unable to work.

Last year I know of someone who went three place and received help then begged online and got more to boot.

maciymommieof3
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 8:29 PM

There are...Macy's has plenty of job opportunities even if just for Holiday...we retain 60% of holiday hires,,,,but I don't have people applying  for jobs..(One of my stores is in a very affluent area and has always been hard to hire) but I can't believe NO ONE needs a job!

Quoting atlmom2:

miakoda77
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 6:47 PM
I understand where those with money and an attitude are coming from. And I understand some people abuse the help when offered, which ruins it for others. But there are many people out there that need the help but the local charities say they make too much money, even when their bills are all behind and they have been eating oodles of noodles.because its all they can afford. Maybe those of you who are being judgmental have never been in that situation, and I hope you never are, but walk a mile in others shoes before you judge them. Not everyone who asks for help is lazy and worthless.
steveiguana
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 6:57 PM

If your bills are more than you make then you either have to cut out some bills say cellphone and internet for example or get another job or a better education to get a better paying job.

atlmom2
by Susie on Sep. 19, 2012 at 7:29 PM

I see help wanted here all over the place.  Too bad its jobs no one wants of they have to work 3 jobs and who would want to do that?  Not many.  My brother used to work 3 jobs and he didn't even have to.  He works 2 now. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)