Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Having gallbladder surgery, possibly tomorrow, and I'm super nervous :( ** UPDATE

Posted by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 12:03 PM
  • 22 Replies

I know it's a pretty common surgery but I'm a lot more nervous than I thought I would be. I'm anxious to get it done so I can start getting back to normal though. I just hate the thought of being put to sleep and not being in control of anything, I hate that feeling. My husband is going to see if he can watch, he was thinking it could count towards clinical hours he needs for his certification for his firefighter/emt certification. I think that would be neat and I would feel better if he was actually there. Anyway I'm still pretty nervous.

Just found out it will be October 4th. That gives me more time to build up some more anxiety...LOL

by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 12:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SterlingHeart
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 12:04 PM

keeping you in my thoughts and prayers for an easy proceedure and a quick recovery!!!

nodramamama311
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 12:05 PM

Thank you!

Quoting SterlingHeart:

keeping you in my thoughts and prayers for an easy proceedure and a quick recovery!!!

Courtney610
by Courtney on Sep. 19, 2012 at 12:06 PM
Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LyTe684
by Tasha on Sep. 19, 2012 at 1:10 PM

Good Luck.

Barabell
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 1:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Having the same surgery, I know how you feel. I was scared to be put under, but everything turned out fine in the long run.

lilygracesmoma
by Member on Sep. 19, 2012 at 1:58 PM
I had this done in may. I have the biggest fear of being put under and having no control of things, but it really wasn't bad at all. They give you anxiety meds before if you're freaking out, and I was literally only out for about 45 minutes before I woke up in recovery. It was like a short nap.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rebeccab1966
by Member on Sep. 19, 2012 at 2:04 PM

Wow, so sorry.  I do know that back in the "old days" this was a very harsh surgery, but I don't think it's like that anymore.  Can I ask you what your symptoms are?

sweetpea842
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I had my gallbladder removed in July, 2 weeks to the day after I delivered my son and had by tubes tied. The surgery wasn't bad because it was pretty quick. I can say that my stomach was a pretty sore right at the incision on my belly button for about 2 weeks.But, that could have been because I had an incision from my tubal there too. Just take it easy and try not to hit or bump your incisions and you will be just fine!

nodramamama311
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 3:10 PM
I've had so many symptoms. From excessive burping to bad heartburn and nausea to horrible gallbladder attacks. I've had 5 really bad attacks where I had to go to the ER. It's like someone's hand is squeezing you inside and the pain is unbearable. Finally after almost a year they figured it out and now surgery in 2 weeks. I just want to feel good again.

Quoting rebeccab1966:

Wow, so sorry.  I do know that back in the "old days" this was a very harsh surgery, but I don't think it's like that anymore.  Can I ask you what your symptoms are?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elyssa414
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 3:12 PM
*hugs*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)