Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Smoking?, at your kids soccer practice, REALLY?

Ya know it's bad enough that 90% of the kids around who should be in carseats, aren't. It's bad enough that so many parents around here smoke in the car with their kids but can they at least not smoke during soccer practice around my child and the other children? It's your life, smoke 20 packs a day if you want but don't make me and my kids smoke too. People can be so frigin rude and stupid. You can't wait a frigin hour to have a cigarette?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 1:03 PM
Replies (11-20):
MIA0223
by Michelle on Sep. 20, 2012 at 8:27 PM
This.

Quoting EireLass:

Isn't soccer practice outside? Get over it. Do you not allow your kids to walk on the sidewalk next to streets because of toxic fumes from cars going by?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GagaNTattooS
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 8:29 PM
My husband smokes and will at football games and practice he goes across from the field so he Is with bother smoking parents. Imo I dont see It as an Issue
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LuvsHopesDreams
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 9:59 PM
3 moms liked this

I totally agree with you, and I smoke!  Either go far, far away from the kids and spectators or wait till later--that's what I do in similar situations.  I swear that people (non-smokers, too) can be so inconsiderate sometimes.

nodramamama311
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 10:34 PM
You are absolutely right about all people. I'm sure I've been inconsiderate before, not intentionally but I'm not perfect. People who smoke should know better. It's common sense I think.

Quoting LuvsHopesDreams:

I totally agree with you, and I smoke!  Either go far, far away from the kids and spectators or wait till later--that's what I do in similar situations.  I swear that people (non-smokers, too) can be so inconsiderate sometimes.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dbush0584
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 10:35 PM
Isn't it outside? I smoke at things but I typically walk away from people......
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fields456
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 10:36 PM
If they were smoking right up next to all the kids that is bad they could have walked away smoked and come back
the3Rs
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 10:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Same here.

Quoting Courtney610:

Gross. Luckily all of our parks and schools with fields ban smoking.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 10:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I smoke and I move away from people when in a crowd, especially families and old people. I haven't smoked in the car since my first was born. I think your post was a little rude, not all smokers smoke around their kids. The parents you're referring to might be smoking at soccer practice because that's when they get the opportunity to. I smoke outside the park because that's when I have the time to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kagegirl
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 6:19 AM
I am a smoker myself and I find stuff like this rude. If I want I smoke, I walk out to the parking lot so I don't bother anyone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gamomof3cuties
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 6:22 AM
1 mom liked this
As someone you DOES NOT smoke I'm tired of hearing all the bitching about it. If it bothers you that much then write your congressman and start a patition to make it illegal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN