Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Smoking?, at your kids soccer practice, REALLY?

Ya know it's bad enough that 90% of the kids around who should be in carseats, aren't. It's bad enough that so many parents around here smoke in the car with their kids but can they at least not smoke during soccer practice around my child and the other children? It's your life, smoke 20 packs a day if you want but don't make me and my kids smoke too. People can be so frigin rude and stupid. You can't wait a frigin hour to have a cigarette?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 1:03 PM
Replies (151-153):
EireLass
by Ruby Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 10:22 AM

Alot of people do things automatically, without thinking. Obviously that parent was there watching their kid. All it would have taken was someone or a few of the parents to suggest they move away with their cigs.

Quoting Shellness:

I'm sure they didn't realize they shouldn't do that. Yes, the person should have gone to the parking lot or something. forgive them

seatabugmama
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 10:59 AM
1 mom liked this
As a smoker.I understand your upset and I would not smoke near kids or other people because it is rude. But u also have to understand your comments about all smokers Is also rude. Your not perfect and neither are we so cut to the chace and go up to that person and say something to them if u feel that strongly about it and ask them to.smoke somewhere else. And I can bet u dollars to donuts that they will move. Stop complaining and do something.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Karla1948
by VS120 Lady on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:09 AM

It's just plain common courtesy, I step away from others a bit before I light up. But if they come to me while I have a cigarette going, then that's on them. Just as if I'm at a restaurant with outside tables that allows smoking, and I'm sitting with a non-smoker, that person has made a choice to sit with me.

Advertising Banner Designs - Only $9.00

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)