Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Smoking?, at your kids soccer practice, REALLY?

Ya know it's bad enough that 90% of the kids around who should be in carseats, aren't. It's bad enough that so many parents around here smoke in the car with their kids but can they at least not smoke during soccer practice around my child and the other children? It's your life, smoke 20 packs a day if you want but don't make me and my kids smoke too. People can be so frigin rude and stupid. You can't wait a frigin hour to have a cigarette?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 1:03 PM
Replies (21-30):
atlmom2
by Susie on Sep. 21, 2012 at 8:36 AM

Its just courtesty and some just are not.  IF you are outside in a group of people, walk away to smoke far away from the group.  Don't light up right in the middle of a bunch of lawn chairs.  Don't comment if you don't care then.  Quit reading about it then. 

Quoting gamomof3cuties:

As someone you DOES NOT smoke I'm tired of hearing all the bitching about it. If it bothers you that much then write your congressman and start a patition to make it illegal.

Come join me at The Duggars Debate, The Good, The Bad and the Ugly

BL2010
by Silver Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 8:50 AM

I do completely understand what you're saying. What I'm saying is this. I'm a smoker and I always try to stay away from people when I light up. If someone chooses to come and stand next to me, then I am not moving. If you're a non-smoker then don't come stand next to me.

Quoting nodramamama311:

So I have to move all the way down field to where I cant see my son very well because people want to smoke at a CHILDS SOCCER PRACTICE? FUCK THAT! That shit aint right! They can wait a frigin hour to light up for christs sake!

SORRY, not yelling at you personally. The thought of me having to move for what they are doing at a childs event just really pisses me off!

Quoting BL2010:

Is this indoors or outside? If it's outside then why can't they smoke. Maybe you could move someplace else.

MamatoKy
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 9:00 AM
1 mom liked this

I see a lot of people saying "how rude smokers are" Did you ever think about how rude you are being complaining about people smoking in a FREE country, where as long as its outside, and it doesnt say "NO SMOKING" anywhere then we can smoke?

Now, I smoke, but I dont do it at my daughters school, I've never done it at any school game or anything. And when I do smoke outside at 'public' places I walk away from people or I'll sit in my vehicle.

I'm at least courteous enough not to smoke around other peoples children or people who I know dont smoke.

Punkie74
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 9:03 AM
I agree to an extent. If you are say sitting in the bleachers and light up that's just outright rude. If you walk downwind of the bleachers and smoke then sure. However, often people don't take into consideration that the wind is blowing the smoke onto those who don't want to inhale it.

Quoting BL2010:

I do completely understand what you're saying. What I'm saying is this. I'm a smoker and I always try to stay away from people when I light up. If someone chooses to come and stand next to me, then I am not moving. If you're a non-smoker then don't come stand next to me.

Quoting nodramamama311:

So I have to move all the way down field to where I cant see my son very well because people want to smoke at a CHILDS SOCCER PRACTICE? FUCK THAT! That shit aint right! They can wait a frigin hour to light up for christs sake!

SORRY, not yelling at you personally. The thought of me having to move for what they are doing at a childs event just really pisses me off!

Quoting BL2010:

Is this indoors or outside? If it's outside then why can't they smoke. Maybe you could move someplace else.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Susie on Sep. 21, 2012 at 9:05 AM

That is all people are asking.  You are being ultra courteous. 

I have seen people light up at a resort pool, right smack in the middle of chairs that are crammed together.  At least go away from people.  Some resorts don't allow it at all, but some do.  Some people just don't care about others in such close areas.  I mean many pools chairs are taken and you have NO where to move away from these people and are stuck all day. 

Quoting MamatoKy:

I see a lot of people saying "how rude smokers are" Did you ever think about how rude you are being complaining about people smoking in a FREE country, where as long as its outside, and it doesnt say "NO SMOKING" anywhere then we can smoke?

Now, I smoke, but I dont do it at my daughters school, I've never done it at any school game or anything. And when I do smoke outside at 'public' places I walk away from people or I'll sit in my vehicle.

I'm at least courteous enough not to smoke around other peoples children or people who I know dont smoke.

Come join me at The Duggars Debate, The Good, The Bad and the Ugly

Punkie74
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 9:08 AM
People complain about the "rudeness" because you are doing something that affects them as well. You are not just twiddling your thumbs minding your own business. So yes if you or another smoker is standing at the front entrance to a store and I have to walk through a cloud of smoke that makes me gag to get in just because there isn't a no smoking sign there... Yes that is incredibly rude and I don't see how it's rude to complain about someone doing something toxic to mine and my family's health.

Quoting MamatoKy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lga1965
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 9:09 AM
1 mom liked this

Your  choice of words is inappropriate and more toxic than cigarette smoke outside! You are not believable when you spew obscenities. Oh,and your screen name doesn't sound at all like you.

Quoting nodramamama311:

So just because the air outside is already toxic I should just get over it and let even more toxins into mine and my childs body? OK, that makes sense. Sorry, i dont work that way.

What should happen instead of me getting over it is that smokers should be fucking respectful of people who DONT WANT TO SMOKE!

Quoting EireLass:

Isn't soccer practice outside? Get over it. Do you not allow your kids to walk on the sidewalk next to streets because of toxic fumes from cars going by?

MamatoKy
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 9:09 AM

lol, yeah. I'll walk away, out of my way a lot of the time, but then I always get that one person that doesnt smoke, that will stand by me, in the middle of field with no one else around and be like "ugh, I dont smoke can you please put that out" and I"m like you WALKED out of your way to come stand here, you move" lol but yeah, I always do, because I know that I would not want smoke around me if I didnt smoke. =)

Quoting atlmom2:

That is all people are asking.  You are being ultra courteous. 

I have seen people light up at a resort pool, right smack in the middle of chairs that are crammed together.  At least go away from people.  Some resorts don't allow it at all, but some do.  Some people just don't care about others in such close areas.  I mean many pools chairs are taken and you have NO where to move away from these people and are stuck all day. 

Quoting MamatoKy:

CafeMom Tickers
MamatoKy
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this

? well duh, but I was not saying about standing in front of door, I WALK OUT OF MY WAY, away from everyone to smoke. I could be by not one single person, and it never fails that a non-smoker will come stand by and say "ugh that is so gross could you put that out" and not only am I over 100 feet away from the nearest person, but that person walked up to me, knowing that I was smoking. She could have easily walked the other direction. I was there first, by myself, 100 feet away from EVERYONE else.

Now that is rude.

You dont think that we dont hear it everyday about smoking? At least when we are courteous, and walk away, dont come walking up to us expecting us to butt it out.

Quoting Punkie74:

People complain about the "rudeness" because you are doing something that affects them as well. You are not just twiddling your thumbs minding your own business. So yes if you or another smoker is standing at the front entrance to a store and I have to walk through a cloud of smoke that makes me gag to get in just because there isn't a no smoking sign there... Yes that is incredibly rude and I don't see how it's rude to complain about someone doing something toxic to mine and my family's health.

Quoting MamatoKy:

CafeMom Tickers
lga1965
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 9:14 AM
1 mom liked this

muchdramamama311, you did it again! Your language is really offensive.Do you use those words around chilren? That is worse than a little smoke outside, drifting and dispersing in air.

Quoting nodramamama311:

Quoting BL2010:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN