Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Hello fellow moms, I really need your help :'(

Posted by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 9:03 PM
  • 34 Replies

Hello everyone. My name is Gabby Miller. Almost 3 years ago my beaytiful little girl was born. Her name was Gracie Miller. And even though she was so little she was so full of life and love. Tragically, 3 months to the day of her life she was taken from me by SIDS. It still haunts me everyday. I still wake up in the middle of the night and I can swear I heard her crying. So I'll run into her empty room and realise she's not there and just collapse on the floor sobbing. Well, today I was looking for support groups for mothers who have lost a baby to SIDS and I came across the most despicable thing I've ever seen in my life. There's a page on FaceBook called "SIDS is funny because babies DIE". When I saw that my heart just broke. My Gracie dying was the farthest thing from funny that could ever happen. I went to the page and respectfully asked them to remove the page because it hurts grieving mothers. What I was met with was apauling. People were actually mocking me for my daughter dying! Someone even asked me if when she died I dressed her in a clown costume. This was several hours ago and I'm still sobbing. I really need some support to get this page removed. Honestly, reporrting the page won't do anything, but if a lot of others go on the page as well as write their protests on their wall FaceBook officlais will take note and remove this horrible sick page. Please fellow moms, I'm begging you to come and help me fight this horrible cruel page. If you want to help me in this fight you can go to FaceBook and type into the search bar "SIDS is funny because Babies DIE" and comment on their wall. Thank you for anyone who is willing to help, I really appriciate the support <3 Thank you and God bless. 

by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 9:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steveiguana
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 9:19 PM

sorry for your loss

GabbieMiller
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Thank you. I appriciate it <3

MIA0223
by Michelle on Sep. 21, 2012 at 9:34 PM
Sorry for your loss :(
My husband lost a son to SIDS. That's sick Anyine would make fun of a baby dying :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GabbieMiller
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 9:35 PM

I'm so sorry to hear that :( It's truly heartbreaking.

onefootcutiepie
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 9:39 PM

This is weird. It says that page has only been on facebook for 3 hours and you say you saw it several hours ago? There is only 1 like on the page. This is very strange.........

GabbieMiller
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 9:45 PM

I would say that 3 is several hours ago. And I didn't even look to see how many likes it had. I just posted my experience and was attacked by the people on there. It was horrible. It sounds like you don't believe me, and I'm not sure why you woulden't. But if you don't, that's fine. I'm just trying to rally some support to get rid of that disgusting page. I thought of anyone other moms would understand that SIDS is nothing to joke about! God Bless hun. 

WyledBunch
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 9:49 PM

I am so deeply sorry for your loss and I reported the page. How horrible!

Are you, or will you be, a mom of three?
Join us at Terrific Trio!

GabbieMiller
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Thanks Sweetie <3 I really appriciate the support. 

AmberMerrell
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 9:50 PM
I just noticed that too. Did you see her post? I didn't look that far down but yea it's sounds fishy to me too.

Quoting onefootcutiepie:

This is weird. It says that page has only been on facebook for 3 hours and you say you saw it several hours ago? There is only 1 like on the page. This is very strange.........

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GabbieMiller
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Fishy how? I'm sorry you think I'm not being genuine but I'm really hurt right now. Seeing that page and what those horrible people said to me makes me feel like I'm re living the whole thing all over again. It's ok if you don't want to help, but please don't imply that I'm not being sinceer. Sorry, I just feel very fragile right now. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN