Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it possible too go through "the change" at the age of 32?

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 9:36 PM
  • 23 Replies

Hi my name is Melissa and I am  wondering if anyone knows if it's possible too go through the change at the age of 32? I had my tubes tied about 5 years ago and ever since things just haven't been the same.I have developed an anxiety problem,mood swings from He** and holy night sweats.If anyone can tell me anything it would be greatly appreciated :)

by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 9:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Punkie74
by Ruby Member on Sep. 23, 2012 at 9:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Not completely unheard of... Could also be para menopause. I know those of us with tubals are more likely to go earlier than others. I've been getting random hot flashes myself (I'm 38). So far nothing unmanagable yet though. It wouldn't hurt to talk to your doctor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Courtney610
by Courtney on Sep. 23, 2012 at 10:14 PM
It's possible. I'd make an appointment with your gyno and get your FSH levels checked.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Yes, it's possible.  You should talk to your doctor and ask to have tests run to see if that's what you're going through.

mama_desi
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 11:33 PM
I'm going thru the same thing I had my tubes tied a year ago and I'm only........ Very young!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Sep. 23, 2012 at 11:38 PM
I haven't had a tubal, but I have had all of the same symptoms, and they started shortly after I turned 30. They get progressively worse every year, as have my periods. It's to the point now that I almost have to take days off of work because I can barely function.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jerzeetomato
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 7:59 AM

That's how I got when I started peri menopause- which was right around 38 or 39.  By age 42 I had completely stopped having my period - once you don't have it for 24 consecutive months the doctor calls it menopause.  My mom was an early changer, as well.

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

I haven't had a tubal, but I have had all of the same symptoms, and they started shortly after I turned 30. They get progressively worse every year, as have my periods. It's to the point now that I almost have to take days off of work because I can barely function.

Courtney610
by Courtney on Sep. 24, 2012 at 8:37 AM
Have you talked to your doctor about this? My periods were awful and it turns out I had a bunch of fibroids among other issues withmy uterus.

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dingysfamily
by Suzi on Sep. 24, 2012 at 9:24 AM

Definitely possible; you need to see your GYN though.  I had my tubes tied when I had my last baby, at age 40; but I didn't have any problems like that and didn't go through menapause until about 49. 

kitty8199
by Nicole on Sep. 24, 2012 at 9:32 AM
There was a mom on here who said she was 29.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MIA0223
by Michelle on Sep. 24, 2012 at 10:28 AM
It's possible. Go to the OB!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)