Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Your thoughts or advice - dealing with an ovarian/uterine mass.

Posted by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 12:47 PM
  • 5 Replies

I went in for my papsmear about 2 weeks ago, my doctor could feel that my uterus was enlarged and was having a hard time palpating the ovaries. She set me up for a vaginal ultrasound which revealed a mass in front of the right ovary about twice the size of the ovary. So now I am set up for a CT tomorrow and of course I am FREAKING out!!! Anybody ever dealt with a similar issue? What was the outcome?

by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 12:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MIA0223
by Michelle on Sep. 24, 2012 at 1:09 PM
Hugs!
My sister deals with masses. She has endometriosis.
Do you have heavy and painful periods?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Courtney610
by Courtney on Sep. 24, 2012 at 1:12 PM
((Hugs)) I had issues with uterine fibroids, and ended up having a hysterectomy to deal with them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LuckyMommie
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 1:19 PM

In the last year I have had irregular periods with more cramping than I used to, and I pee more than I used to.  I already have 4 kids, so I know there is no issue as far as getting pregnant.  The US tech said she didn't really see any fibroids, report just said an adnexal mass.  I am a nurse, but I don't deal with that area much, and my doctor's nurse wouldn't really say much.

shilohkitten
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 2:33 PM

Hi I'm new here, and your post caught my eye before I could intro.  I had a giant ovarian cyst a few years ago, it was the size of a softball.  They scheduled me for emergency surgery after they got the blood tests back, thankfully it was not cancerous at all (they biopsied after removal).

That was 2006, so I can say 6 years later that I am fine after.  The scariest thing is the surgery itself unless they think it may be cancerous.  With me they didn't know, so I was terrified they would find cancer, but they didn't.  I was able to conceive naturally only 3 years after the surgery (and probably could have earlier if I had wanted to) and although I have a large scar from it (vertical incision, pubic bone to belly button), I'm fine.

GL to you and feel free to pm with any other questions!  I'd be happy to talk about it with you.

kitty8199
by Nicole on Sep. 24, 2012 at 6:22 PM
I had fibroids and cysts bigger than my ovaries. They thought i had 3 ovaries at first. I had surgery to remove them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)