Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Water Fast???

Posted by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 4:11 PM
  • 8 Replies
Has anyone done one? I've been struggling to lose the 20 pounds I need to with no success. The reason being... I'm constantly STARVING!! I was thinking of trying a water fast for a few days to try and clean everything out and maybe shrink my stomach so I'm not so freaking hungry all the time. So my question is has anyone done one before? Did it seem to help? And how long did you do it for?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 4:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Texascandee
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 4:13 PM

I would think when you got off the fast and started eating you would gain it back............have you tried drinking a glass of water before you eat?  Use a smaller plate so it looks like you're eating a lot but in reality you're not........do you snack on fruits and veggies?

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Sep. 26, 2012 at 4:14 PM
I don't know about a water/juice fast, but everyone here in my office is doing the 17 Day Diet. It's very similar to South Beach or Atkins. Some people have lost 12 pounds in the first 17 and are doing great. Others are sneaking handfuls of candy when other people's backs turned.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Punkie74
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 4:16 PM
I'm not looking to actually lose weight while doing it. I'm thinking more about cleaning out everything and detoxifying.
To answer your question, yes I drink water prior to a meal, I eat tons of fruit and veggies and I measure weigh and portion everything I eat. The problem is I'm having difficulty staying motivated because I'm always so hungry.

Quoting Texascandee:

I would think when you got off the fast and started eating you would gain it back............have you tried drinking a glass of water before you eat?  Use a smaller plate so it looks like you're eating a lot but in reality you're not........do you snack on fruits and veggies?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Punkie74
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 4:18 PM
I've tried the south beach. I gained everything back as soon as I started eating carbs again. The only "diet" that has really worked for me is Weight Watchers but it's just not working because all I want to do is snarf down every ounce of food I see!!

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

I don't know about a water/juice fast, but everyone here in my office is doing the 17 Day Diet. It's very similar to South Beach or Atkins. Some people have lost 12 pounds in the first 17 and are doing great. Others are sneaking handfuls of candy when other people's backs turned.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Texascandee
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 4:20 PM

Gotcha.......the only thing would be if you're only doing the water fast, and you say you're always hungry, would you be able to do nothing but water for the length of time you need? Sorry, I'm not much help, just ideas/suggestions

Quoting Punkie74:

I'm not looking to actually lose weight while doing it. I'm thinking more about cleaning out everything and detoxifying.
To answer your question, yes I drink water prior to a meal, I eat tons of fruit and veggies and I measure weigh and portion everything I eat. The problem is I'm having difficulty staying motivated because I'm always so hungry.

Quoting Texascandee:

Punkie74
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 4:22 PM
I can survive a few days. I'm just not motivated now because all I can think about is how I'm going to have to be hungry for the rest of my life. If there's an end in sight that isn't too far off I'll make it!!

Quoting Texascandee:

Gotcha.......the only thing would be if you're only doing the water fast, and you say you're always hungry, would you be able to do nothing but water for the length of time you need? Sorry, I'm not much help, just ideas/suggestions

Quoting Punkie74:

Quoting Texascandee:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Never tried it, sorry.

I do know someone that detoxed a few years ago, and she found the results were helpful. But I'm not sure if it worked on making her less hungry. I remember it made her face break out at the start of the detox, and she thought that meant it was working.

mp3mom
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 5:28 PM

Honestly, I recall doing it when I was younger, but I found this:

http://www.livestrong.com/search/?mode=standard&search=water+fasting

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN