Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Soaking a pad every hour...

Posted by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 2:27 PM
  • 9 Replies

I am sorry, I know TMI.   I am on the second day of my period and soaking a pad every hour.  It is leaking thru on to furniture. I can feel the gushes.  Ugh.   I am 34 years old my tubes are tied.  They have been getting a little worse each month but this one takes the cake.  I have been to the DR about them getting worse and he suggested the uterine abrasion, the problem is we do not have the insurance to cover the procedure.  Should I be really worried about this?  Does any one else go thru this?   What could it be?   I also feel very nauseated and tired.  Thank you.

by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 2:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
lovinmykiddo07
by Bronze Member on Oct. 1, 2012 at 2:29 PM

I have endometriosis & used to bleed really bad like that before I had my ablation. I was told if I soaked through a pad every hour to go to the ER, because that is just too much blood loss. I'd go get checked out. You are probably tired because you are losing more blood than you normally would. 

Have you tried to see if you qualify for some sort of finacial aid so that way you can have the ablation done? It has helped me SO much. 

Heatherp23
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 2:30 PM
1 mom liked this
My mom went through menopause at 35. Had the same issues with her period
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momatippie
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 2:31 PM

I have not yet, I guess I thought it would get better.  Guess not.   Did you legs ever ache?   Mine hurt so bad when I am on my period.

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

I have endometriosis & used to bleed really bad like that before I had my ablation. I was told if I soaked through a pad every hour to go to the ER, because that is just too much blood loss. I'd go get checked out. You are probably tired because you are losing more blood than you normally would. 

Have you tried to see if you qualify for some sort of finacial aid so that way you can have the ablation done? It has helped me SO much. 

Courtney610
by Courtney on Oct. 1, 2012 at 2:34 PM

That was me prior to my hysterectomy, only I was going through a super-ultra tampon and a pad an hour.  Did the doctor do any tests to see what was causing it?  The uterine ablation can be an amazing procedure, but it wouldn't have worked for me, which is why I wondered about tests your doctor had run. 

My issue was fibroids and a very enlarged uterus.  When the doctor removed my uterus, he discovered a whole mess of scarring from endometriosis.  Unfortunately, these are only a few of the handful of issues that can cause this. 

Big Hugs.  I hope you can get this undercontrol.

momatippie
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 2:39 PM

I described my symptoms and he did a pap smear.  Now things are worse.

Quoting Courtney610:

That was me prior to my hysterectomy, only I was going through a super-ultra tampon and a pad an hour.  Did the doctor do any tests to see what was causing it?  The uterine ablation can be an amazing procedure, but it wouldn't have worked for me, which is why I wondered about tests your doctor had run. 

My issue was fibroids and a very enlarged uterus.  When the doctor removed my uterus, he discovered a whole mess of scarring from endometriosis.  Unfortunately, these are only a few of the handful of issues that can cause this. 

Big Hugs.  I hope you can get this undercontrol.

3gr8tKids
by Member on Oct. 1, 2012 at 2:44 PM
this is more common then you may think.

Endometriosis and perimenopause are two reasons ovarian cysts is another reason people I know have had.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinmykiddo07
by Bronze Member on Oct. 1, 2012 at 2:48 PM

Yes! Do you get super bad cramps? Mine were so bad I thought I was going to die. I'd get my period twice a month. It was terrible.

Quoting momatippie:

I have not yet, I guess I thought it would get better.  Guess not.   Did you legs ever ache?   Mine hurt so bad when I am on my period.

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

Courtney610
by Courtney on Oct. 1, 2012 at 2:52 PM
Did he do an ultrasound or endometrial biopsy?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kitty8199
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 3:08 PM
That much bleeding needs to be seen asap. Soaking a pad an hour is an er visit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN