Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Albertsons workers stop attack on 11-year-old boy

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:27 PM
  • 4 Replies

man accused of attacking an 11-year-old boy inside a Washington supermarket is behind bars thanks to some brave store workers.

Investigators said the stranger attacked the child as he went to use the restroom at an Albertsons store on Saturday morning.

The boy told sheriff's deputies the man threatened to kill him, so he began screaming and struggling to get free.

The commotion attracted the attention of grocery store workers, who tackled the suspect as he ran across the store with his pants down.

"It's chilling to think about what could have potentially occurred that this suspect tried to commit such a heinous crime in the middle of the day," said King County Sheriff Steve Strachan. "But the 11-year-old did the right thing and a group of employees did the right thing and kept him safe."

A judge set the man's bail at $1 million on Tuesday.

Authorities told Seattle TV station KCPQ the boy had welts on his neck from the alleged attack. 

According to court documents obtained by KCPQ, the man gave a very different account of what happened. The man said he was in the bathroom with the 11-year-old when he accidently bumped into him, knocking the boy down. He then said he tried to help the boy up from the floor when he ran off screaming.

The attacker's name hasn't been released.

by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
merryvoice
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:20 AM
I am so happy when people get involved. So many times you hear about people doing nothing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kitty8199
by Nicole on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:36 AM
Glad there are some good people left
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SunnyJoJo
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:15 AM

That sounds legit... "I bumped into him and he just freaked the F out, and my pants fell down.... as I was running..... From that crazy screaming 11 year old boy... "

LyTe684
by Tasha on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:02 PM
Don't forget the marks on his neck. He must've done that on his own.

Yeah, okay.....

Quoting SunnyJoJo:

That sounds legit... "I bumped into him and he just freaked the F out, and my pants fell down.... as I was running..... From that crazy screaming 11 year old boy... "

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)