Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Facebook...Becoming more senseless than convenient

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:22 PM
  • 30 Replies

I joined facebook as a way to stay in contact with family whom I don't see very often, or some family members who I recently found out about. It was my way of connecting with those who have a blood connection with me. But as the success of facebook has increased, I am finding that people, adults and children alike, are using it as a way to instigate fights that are completely unneccessary. 

I just deactivated my account because I'm sick and tired of the "cyber behavior" of people. I mean, people are starting arguements with each other over fricking facebook! Since it is completely impossible to communicate with people anymore, facebook is officially gone from my life. No more.

Honestly, I have a friend who not-so-subtley lets everyone know when she and her huband have done the dirty deed. Just the other day, she made weird posts about having diarrhea and mixing pills with alcohol.

Anyone who's on facebook has most likely seen posts that neither use proper english or make any kind of sense whatsoever. Or, go something along the lines of this: "My stomach hurts" I'm done with all that.  I think facebook is just unneccessary. 

I apologize to anyone who adores FB, but this is my opinion. I'm certainly not going to stand by looking at the posts where someone is ignorantly attacking another person because they made a little comment. C'mon, people.

by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweettigeress
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:27 PM
9 moms liked this

Uh...it's not facebook you should be complaining about. It's the people who are on your friends list. 

jillbailey26
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:31 PM
5 moms liked this

Why not just unfriend those that are causing trouble for you?  Then you can still keep in contact and share pictures with family and friends, but not have the dramatics there.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

SP_Mama
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:34 PM
2 moms liked this

I like FB even though I'm not fond of all the changes.  When there someone whose posts start to annoy me, I just set it so their posts don't show in my news feeds.  I also have certain people blocked from seeing my status posts.  It keeps the drama down. 

sab169
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:35 PM
Normally i used it to keep in contact with family members and some friends who i dont c often then i was nice enough to except.friend request on people i didnt know, but once i seen post up about them fighting with someone i said nope sorry no need for drama so i deleted them... And at that these people were older come on now really ive seen kids who ignore stuff like that
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3gr8tKids
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:36 PM
I really have ZERO issues with anyone on my contact list.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:36 PM
2 moms liked this

I think Facebook is what people make of it, just like CM. If you don't like those friends, then un-friend them. Just like if I don't like a group on CM, then I leave it.

MicheleJM
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:40 PM
1 mom liked this
This. I dont have these issues. I have one drama friend whom I ignore.

Quoting sweettigeress:

Uh...it's not facebook you should be complaining about. It's the people who are on your friends list. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LyTe684
by Tasha on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:48 PM
1 mom liked this
This.

Quoting Barabell:

I think Facebook is what people make of it, just like CM. If you don't like those friends, then un-friend them. Just like if I don't like a group on CM, then I leave it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Courtney610
by Courtney on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:49 PM
2 moms liked this
I don't have a problem with FB. I ignore posts from people who annoy me. Problem solved.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweettigeress
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:50 PM

I don't have these issues either. I don't understand how you could have these issues on a site you have full control of. It makes no sense. 

Quoting MicheleJM:

This. I dont have these issues. I have one drama friend whom I ignore.

Quoting sweettigeress:

in love       girl on a swing            toddler girl

Wife to Josh  Mother to Saria        Mother to Kairi

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)