Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

??QOTD?? 10/06/12

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:34 AM
  • 13 Replies

Do you think a zombie apocalypse is possible within our lifetimes? If so, are you preparing for it?

by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Courtney610
by Courtney on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:22 PM
You never know! It's always good to be prepared! ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nodramamama311
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:35 PM
Anything is possible I guess
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:37 PM

It could happen? As if the world can't get even more strange! LOL

sweettigeress
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:55 PM

No

sweettigeress
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:55 PM

I don't know why everyone is so hung up on zombies. 

PEEK05
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:57 PM

No.  If zombies ever came about, I honestly don't believe that they would be like in the movies.  The movies are made for you to be on your seat.  Zombies, in my opinion, would be brain dead and slow. I mean, when they died their brains and hearts and other organs stopped.  Even if they could be reanimated into zombies, I doubt they would get full or even a lot of ability back to think, to run super fast, to knowingly reach out and open doors, etc.  I think it would be easy to take them out as long as you weren't dumb and got yourself surrounded with no way out.  Just my opinion. :P

SunnyJoJo
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:16 PM

No.
But possibly a virus outbreak that causes mass hysteria. I'm not talking a zombie virus, but a massive deadly virus could cause a zombieish reaction as in food hoarding, murder, isolation... So no to zombies, but possible for the apocalyptic type hysteria in the movies.   As for preparation, I've basically got a disaster kit but we couldn't survive very long on that. I try to keep my paranoia in check.  

SunnyJoJo
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Right? And eventually wouldn't they just rot away into nothing? And those of us in cold weather areas would be zombie free  for months when they freeze to the ground in the winter.

Quoting PEEK05:

No.  If zombies ever came about, I honestly don't believe that they would be like in the movies.  The movies are made for you to be on your seat.  Zombies, in my opinion, would be brain dead and slow. I mean, when they died their brains and hearts and other organs stopped.  Even if they could be reanimated into zombies, I doubt they would get full or even a lot of ability back to think, to run super fast, to knowingly reach out and open doors, etc.  I think it would be easy to take them out as long as you weren't dumb and got yourself surrounded with no way out.  Just my opinion. :P

Barabell
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:38 AM

Quoting sweettigeress:

I don't know why everyone is so hung up on zombies. 

Well, I've been trying to have QOTD related to Halloween this month.

Plus, we finally just got season two of The Walking Dead on Netflix instant view, and so that's been my entertainment lately. Such a great show!

Barabell
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:39 AM

Quoting PEEK05:

I have to agree, and I also wonder why some people are eaten completely but then others are left alone to become zombies.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)