Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

??QOTD?? 10/06/12

Posted by   + Show Post

Do you think a zombie apocalypse is possible within our lifetimes? If so, are you preparing for it?

by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:34 AM
Replies (11-13):
Barabell
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:41 AM

Quoting SunnyJoJo:

No.
But possibly a virus outbreak that causes mass hysteria. I'm not talking a zombie virus, but a massive deadly virus could cause a zombieish reaction as in food hoarding, murder, isolation... So no to zombies, but possible for the apocalyptic type hysteria in the movies.   As for preparation, I've basically got a disaster kit but we couldn't survive very long on that. I try to keep my paranoia in check.  

I do believe a virus outbreak is a very real danger. From what I understand, we're overdue for one on a global scale, and with how "small" our world has become with airplane travel and shipping of goods, it seems like a virus could spread even quicker than any pandemic in the past.

sweettigeress
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:51 AM

I've heard of that show. Never seen it though. 

Quoting Barabell:

Quoting sweettigeress:

I don't know why everyone is so hung up on zombies. 

Well, I've been trying to have QOTD related to Halloween this month.

Plus, we finally just got season two of The Walking Dead on Netflix instant view, and so that's been my entertainment lately. Such a great show!

in love       girl on a swing            toddler girl

Wife to Josh  Mother to Saria        Mother to Kairi

SunnyJoJo
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Exactly.  It could take less then 24 hours for a contagious virus to spread almost world wide before anyone even figures out what's going on.

Quoting Barabell:

Quoting SunnyJoJo:

No.
But possibly a virus outbreak that causes mass hysteria. I'm not talking a zombie virus, but a massive deadly virus could cause a zombieish reaction as in food hoarding, murder, isolation... So no to zombies, but possible for the apocalyptic type hysteria in the movies.   As for preparation, I've basically got a disaster kit but we couldn't survive very long on that. I try to keep my paranoia in check.  

I do believe a virus outbreak is a very real danger. From what I understand, we're overdue for one on a global scale, and with how "small" our world has become with airplane travel and shipping of goods, it seems like a virus could spread even quicker than any pandemic in the past.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN