Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Help mommies!! :) I am looking to move to NC in the spring. Which city would you say is better? I am so confused.

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:51 PM
  • 8 Replies

I am looking in to Raleigh or Greensboro.  Maybe you can suggest something else. I have three kids. One of them is fifteen and is in to basket ball. Basket ball is his life, and I want him to go to a good high school where he wont have to give it up. My kids are mixed race, so that is important. I want them to go to schools where there is diversity. My girls are twins and are ten years old. So the main things are what I am looking for are Good schools, diversity, beaches not so far away, suburban but not country, city near by,  crime rate not so bad. So can you guys please please help me out. I am planning on taking a road trip down there in a couple of weeks, and don't know where to start. AHH! lol. This move is so important to me, but anxiety level is in full gear. I hope you guys are ready for a Boston girl ;)

by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
dingysfamily
by Suzi on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:47 PM

Have you done an internet search on the places you are interested in; that would be the best thing I can think of?  Also, I'd check and see if there is a NC group on CM and them maybe join that.  You can tell them of your plans and bounce off opinions from them.

cynthiamarie79
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:32 PM

Thanks. I just joined a NC mommies group.

nodramamama311
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:43 PM
My sister lives in Raleigh. It's nice, too big for me though. Gorgeous houses and trees everywhere!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyBoha
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:44 PM
I love Greensboro.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahLizyB
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:45 PM
Chapel Hill, Morrisville, Cary, and some parts of Raleigh are really nice
kagegirl
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 5:55 PM
My sister lives in Greensboro. She seems to like it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheJerseyGirl
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:08 PM
We had been looking into Garner... It's a nice suburb of Raleigj and very affordable
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cynthiamarie79
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Thanks guys!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN