Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

What do you think of that lady?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: What would you think if you saw a mother crocheting/knitting while waiting at her child's gymnastics/dance/etc. class?

Options:

She looks like an old lady./What poor soul is going to get that? / Does she think she's impressing us?/ What a loser!/etc.

That's cool./ I wish I knew how./I like to do that too./ etc.

I don't even notice or pay attention at all.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 65

View Results

Just curious.

by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:01 PM
Replies (11-20):
Texascandee
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:23 AM

Sometimes I take my crochet when I'm waiting on something/someone and I really don't care what other people think.  It's something to pass the time and it's something I enjoy doing.  If you get negative comments/looks it's probably because they are jealous that they don't know how to crochet/knit

1likeme
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:58 AM
I would notice but I would not think anything negative.
Barabell
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:32 AM

I often see parents working on a project during practice. The other day, I saw someone working on a quilt, and I thought that was a brilliant idea. My son plays hockey, and that's a great way to stay warm!!

kaitybird
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:58 PM

I never learned how to knit but I learned how to crochet at a very young age when we lived in the Philippines.  Our maid that we had was so awesome at it.  She made my mother's table cloths 2 of them over 8ft long.  She showed us how to do doilies and things.  it is easy, but getting it exactly right now that is hard!  :)  

MessedUpMama
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:50 AM

I'd probably be the Mom who was knitting or crocheting during practice. But if I noticed another Mom knitting I'd just smile and go one with me project.

Marimaru
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:49 PM

If I noticed I don't know that I would think much of it.  I crochet some, but I'm not very good at it.  I've been working on a blanket for my husband for AGES.  My mom does blankets for all her grandkids, which I think is super awesome. 

As far as doing that at a gymnastics place, I don't think that's any different than bringing a book to read or something else to do to occupy the time.

kitty8199
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:53 PM
I can crochet but never finish a thing. I'd be jealous, lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shilohkitten
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 6:00 PM

KNIT AND CROCHET FRIGGIN ROCK!

BluePandaDreams
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:18 PM

I love to crochet, although it's been forever and a day since I have picked up a crochet hook. I would probably ask what you were making and see if the convo continued from there.

by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:34 PM

Thanks everybody for your responses! I think I'm going to take advantage of that time because I never seem to have any other time for projects like that. At least there wil be a very small number (according to the poll) that will think I'm strange. I really do love crocheting and knitting!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN