Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Bug Birthday Menu Ideas?

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:01 PM
  • 14 Replies

I need food ideas. Like actual, fill you up food ideas. Something special.  It doesn't have to be bug themed. lol! Not mac and cheese, no bbq type stuff, hot dogs or burgers, and nothing that screams picnic.  It's this month and we live in a cold weather state so I'd like something warm. It also doesn't really have to be anything too kid themed, the nugget won't eat it anyway and we are just inviting family this time.  Just a main course and a side is all I need.

I'm normally so on with menues and such but this time I'm just drawing a blank. Any ideas ladies?

by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Punkie74
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:29 PM
2 moms liked this
Take your lazy butt over to Pintrest, find some awesome recipes, buy a bag of plastic bugs and scatter them over the food... Ta-da!! I accept cash only!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
junebutterfly
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:32 PM
Garlic toast pizza, like Pizza hut makes super easy and cheap to make and YUMMY!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SunnyJoJo
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:54 PM

lol I was totally on pinterest before I posted this and literally nothing jumpped out at me. Nothing felt special. Just same old same old or cold noodle salads.  Cash only? Checks already in the mail babe.

Quoting Punkie74:

Take your lazy butt over to Pintrest, find some awesome recipes, buy a bag of plastic bugs and scatter them over the food... Ta-da!! I accept cash only!!

CountryLayne
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:02 AM
1 mom liked this

How about lasagne with garlic bread and salad? You can make it ahead of time, pop it in the oven and spend time with the nugget and the family while it bakes?

Another idea would be roasted chicken and baked potatoes, then you could do a topping bar for the potatoes (sour cream, bacon bits, shredded cheese, chili, etc).

sweettigeress
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:07 AM

Quoting Punkie74:

in love       girl on a swing            toddler girl

Wife to Josh  Mother to Saria        Mother to Kairi

Dimples04
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:09 AM
Lil smokies In a crock pot
Dip/chips
Pizza
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BL2010
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:29 AM

Beef stew in the crockpot.

lnrmom
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:38 AM

How old are the guests? Are you going all out or are you trying to keep it low key?

Couple ideas:

Chili over fritos

Fruit salad with raisins in it

Ants on a log (celery, PB, raisins)

jerzeetomato
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:25 AM

Nothing says warm and party like chili.  Add crusty bread or rolls, and maybe a fajita bar or taco bar.  Make a warm apple crisp for dessert.

SunnyJoJo
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I like this! Ihave a big whole chicken in the freezer too. I could make it the night before and debone it.  But I also like the chili idea a couple people have said.... I'm never at a loss as to what to cook. lol!

Quoting CountryLayne:

How about lasagne with garlic bread and salad? You can make it ahead of time, pop it in the oven and spend time with the nugget and the family while it bakes?

Another idea would be roasted chicken and baked potatoes, then you could do a topping bar for the potatoes (sour cream, bacon bits, shredded cheese, chili, etc).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)