Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Bartering for fashion! What do you think?

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:33 AM
  • 10 Replies

Hello girls,

What do you think of bartering for fashion? Have you ever done it? I found this louis Vuitton tote bag, which i love it!!!! and i really want it!!! But as i can't afford it i can just exchanging with something else!! What do you think?

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweettigeress
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:02 PM

Never heard of it. What would you give them?

Barabell
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:07 PM

Never heard of this before. I'm really not that into handbags, even though my favorite brand became more expensive over the past couple of years.

jerzeetomato
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I think bartering is a great idea - as long as someone has what you want, and you have something they want in return.  

itsblissmas
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:45 PM

I never heard of that but it sounds interesting.

bamababe1975
by Silver Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:20 PM

I've never heard of that or done it myself, but if you can find something worthy of exchanging with them for that bag, I say go for it! :)

***Check out The Marketplace!***

Marimaru
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:16 PM

I think the idea is cool.  I think the lady who posted the bag is a bit foolish for having her full address right there on the site though.  I didn't even have to be a member to see that.

Dorian11
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:56 AM

Thanks girls for your replies!

I have contacted the person with the bag and we ll meet tomorrow for the exchange! I am so happy for that :o) We agreed to give to her my bike as i am not use it any more.

So, girls i am saying to you: Go for it  too! godigging !

aj23
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:00 AM

I can't believe that website has the address, a map and a street view of the house. With offering something like a Louis Vuitton bag that's just asking to be robbed.

atlmom2
by Susie on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:04 AM
I agree

Quoting aj23:

I can't believe that website has the address, a map and a street view of the house. With offering something like a Louis Vuitton bag that's just asking to be robbed.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dorian11
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:37 AM

Quoting atlmom2:

I agree

Quoting aj23:

I don't beleive that the person who has the bag has given the real address, maybe it's just an address to show where is about! Our appointment actually is not even to Hoboken. We will meet at the city where is more convenient for both of us.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN