Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

New and in Need of some advice

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:44 PM
  • 5 Replies

Hi my Im new to this group. I hav e an 8 yr old and a 6 year old. I also care for my BF son who is 7 and in our custody. He also has a 3 yr old daughter in the mothers care. Well we have been together for three years. We found out almsot 21/2 years ago that there is head lice in the mothers home. My girls have thick blonde hair. We tried our best to keep it out of our home, we cleaned the house vaccumed, garbaged bagged items cleaned in hot water, did the babies hair. The mother never did a thing to stop it until I or my BF would get angry with her, then she would stop after a week. My daughters have now got headlice. I have tried everything in my power to stop this except to leave OUR home. I cant do that. Ist so emabassing when the school calls and I have to call parents to let them know. What can I do to stop this? I cant keep cleaning and cleaning and working and caring for three kids all day then on the weekends have to deal with this. Please help me!

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
kitty8199
by Nicole on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:18 PM
Call cps. Obviously mom it's not keeping a clean home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy22girlz
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:53 PM

Is that considered good cause? I asked the Dr. when i took my children to get a prescription and he said it really wasnt, I think it would be tho.

Let it be what it will begiving mom gift

itsblissmas
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Hmmm... is there any way you can prevent the kids from going into her home and let her know that they will not be permitted to go there until she cleans it up and keeps it clean? Just a thought. Good luck to you.

Barabell
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:11 PM
1 mom liked this

First, welcome to the group!

Second, I'm struggling to come up with a good solution. I'm thinking that the mother has to have the lice too, and so I wonder if even keeping the kids away would help solve the problem.

I've heard that tea tree oil helps repel lice, but I have no experience with whether that is true or not.

mommy22girlz
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:03 PM

The mother does also have lice. My two girls dont bring it fromm her home my BF daughter with her brings it from her home to ours. We have kept the babie away from her and she did clean up and it stayed that way for a month then when we let her go back to her moms it started all over. I think he is scared to go to court hinking he may lose both his kids if there was not enough cause to do take them?

One time we said the baby had to get cleaned up before she came to our house and she would not get their son for visitation until it was all fixed. It did for a while but it started again.

Let it be what it will begiving mom gift

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)