Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

What would you have done??

Posted by   + Show Post

I went to the store today to pick up a few items. My son has been a bit of a crab today and has added a bit of a distraction. Well I used a self checkout and realized when I got to my car my son was holding a box of cake mix... *Sigh* Yes, I turned around and went back in and paid for the cake mix. I was temped not to between the crabby kid and the fact that it was cold and windy but it would have bugged the crap out of me if I hadn't!! What would you have done??

by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:14 PM
Replies (21-27):
kelliewhitney
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:47 AM

With a crabby kid, I would have paid for it the next day. I have done that a few times, as well as the opposite (leaving something I paid for behind). I go to the same store daily, so neither has ever been an issue with the staff. "I didn't pay for one of these yesterday" and "I left my oranges in my cart" get the same response: "No problem, Mrs. Whitney."

Our store is a location of a major chain. I have been shopping there exclusively (except for occasional trips to the warehouse store) for over 10 years. I'll bet if I was short on cash by a few bucks, they would probably let me take the item anyway, knowing I would pay it back the next day. Of course, I would never ask that!

It's great to have a major chain store with the bargains that go along with it that feels like a neighborhood market. I have had the butcher steer me away from some great deals on meat because he knows our cooking habits. "Uh-uh. I know it's a good price, but you will NOT like it for stroganoff, it's only good for stew. No one wants stew in August. That's why it's so cheap! Just make your pork chops instead. Same price, better taste"

cjsix
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 3:33 AM

The same thing you did...

okada
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 5:36 AM

I would have went back in too..

--friv--

merryvoice
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:45 AM

The same exact thing. 

nova.mommy
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:50 AM

I would have done the same.

mamaBerg85
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:52 AM
I would have given it back. Crabby kids don't get cake in my house
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
swati88
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:59 AM

lol he is such a cute kid indeed, if i were to be on your place i would have done same thing exactly.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)