Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

What would you have done??

Posted by   + Show Post

I went to the store today to pick up a few items. My son has been a bit of a crab today and has added a bit of a distraction. Well I used a self checkout and realized when I got to my car my son was holding a box of cake mix... *Sigh* Yes, I turned around and went back in and paid for the cake mix. I was temped not to between the crabby kid and the fact that it was cold and windy but it would have bugged the crap out of me if I hadn't!! What would you have done??

by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:14 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 10, 2012 at 4:51 PM

I would have done the same and just go back and pay for it.    

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 10, 2012 at 5:27 PM

You did the right thing! 

nodramamama311
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 5:40 PM

I would have went back in too. I wouldn't have wanted to but I would have. I cant have a guilty conscience.

ididntdoit111
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Exactly what you did. Orrr if my son was a baby and screaming I may have gone home and called the store to return it later. Letting them know I didn't actually steal!!  The guilt would kill me!

JudyAnnMomof4
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:37 PM

I am proud of you.That teaches your son not to take things that you haven't pay for.More Moms should be like you.

Barabell
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:24 PM

I would have gone back in too. Good for you!!

shoot4thestars
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:29 PM

Took it back to the store.

BluePandaDreams
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:56 PM
One time at walmart, I found a can of deordant in the cart after I had unloaded all my stuff. I had thought I had paid for it when in fact I hadn't, because I took the time to look at the receipt. I was to chicken to go back inside and do the right thing so I left. It was a lesson learned. I now clear the cart before loading bags, because I don't want to travel that way again. So, I guess I'm saying I would have left. Leaving the item in the cart just leaves it for someone else to grab, so I wouldn't have done that either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twistandshout
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:28 AM

paid for it, cause it would have bothered me too.

taniamorse85
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:35 AM

I would have done exactly what you did.  It's only a few bucks, but the guilt would still eat at me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN