Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

child support question

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
Purposely not giving a reason or a backstory so I can simply get a question answered.
If I go after my ex for child support for 3 kids, what happens to his other ex's child support for his 1 kid? Will it go down or up? Does it matter if she re-evaluates the case? Help please!
Im not sure how this works.
Also if it matters we live in the same state, she is out of state.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
hotdonnax
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:35 PM
It depends in what state you live in number one. Normally hers will stay the same unless she chooses to take him back for more support, which would only be possible if his pay was different. He will be fully obligated to pay for your three children together. I will tell you one thing though they do paternity test on all children, but even in most states if he signed the birth certificate and has claimed the children more then two years then it is his obligation to support them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:24 PM

It depends on the state.  In some places, a pre-existing order for child support is deducted from the gross income and the remainder is what's used to calculate for a secondary child support order.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:26 PM
I'm not sure how the child support of his other child will be affected if your kids with him get child support, too. If he does start paying you child support, he may be able to get visitation rights also.
There's info on this stuff at the top of the single mons group.
Good luck!
cara124
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:27 PM
It depends in everyone's situation in this
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marinewife55
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:33 PM
Hers will stay the same unless he takes her back to modify. Yeah my estranged husband has a love child who he doesn't acknowledge but they had court three weeks before we did in 2010 and hers did not change when I went to court, they did not even acknowledge he had a wife and child to begin with, but when we went three weeks later, hers was deducted from his gross income.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN