Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

i want another baby but....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
dh dosent seem like hes on the same page we have a almost 2 year old and he just seems lonley . i would love to give him a little sibiling he loves to play with his cousin who is also 2 years old i just think my son would love to have a little brother or sister . i talked with dh about it and he says yea but dosent really seem like he wants to activly try . we CAN afford another child so that is not a issue . i just dont know what to do.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steveiguana
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:12 PM

unless both parents want a child then I think a person should wait. There are enough unwanted children in the world. If you talk about it and cannot come to an agreement then you need to figure out which is more important to you your relationship or another baby with some other guy.

Barabell
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree that you should both be on the same page. Keep talking to him about it.

We have an only child, and I personally don't think you should bring a life into the world just because you want your child to have a sibling. I think you need to decide to have a child beacuse YOU and your spouse truly want another one.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:57 PM
I think you should keep working on him and hopefully he'll get on board with having another baby soon. Don't give up! Who knows - maybe it'll just happen.;)
pasteeater
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:03 PM
Thats just wrong. Basically telling her to "accidentally" get pregnant on purpose. That's so sleazy.

Quoting Anonymous:

I think you should keep working on him and hopefully he'll get on board with having another baby soon. Don't give up! Who knows - maybe it'll just happen.;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Courtney610
by Courtney on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:14 PM
Sometimes it's hard for them. Hopefully he will come around and get excited soon!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:18 PM
I didn't tell her to accidentally get pregnant.
Sometimes unexpected things happen ...for a reason.
Good luck OP!

Quoting pasteeater:

Thats just wrong. Basically telling her to "accidentally" get pregnant on purpose. That's so sleazy.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:07 AM

My husband actually prefered for it to "just happen." In fact, when I tried to discuss family planning issues w/ him, he would pretty much just sit and flip the tv channels (which is what he does anytime a subject comes up that makes him uncomfortable.) I finally got sick of his "non answers," so I gave him a brochure from the local urologist's office and said, "Okay, if you don't want any more children, just go get snipped so that I can quit worrying about and paying for birth control." I was having issues w/ my BC and pretty much told him that I was not going to continue on them.  He pretty much just threw the thing away, so I finally realized that he was not, indeed, through w/ children. Some men are just super weird when it comes to talking about stuff like this. BUT they are usually very straightforward. After many years of marriage, I can tell you that if the guy says he wants another child...he probably means he wants another child LOL. I think us women just read too much into their words. Maybe you should say something like, "Okay, I should be ovulating tomorrow,,,if you want this baby sometime this decade, you better get in here and do something about it!" and just go from there?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:07 PM
today he said out of no where yea i think ds would like a sibiling" and i just smiled and he continued to eat his lunch lol . i would love another baby and im feeling he does to .

Quoting Anonymous:

My husband actually prefered for it to "just happen." In fact, when I tried to discuss family planning issues w/ him, he would pretty much just sit and flip the tv channels (which is what he does anytime a subject comes up that makes him uncomfortable.) I finally got sick of his "non answers," so I gave him a brochure from the local urologist's office and said, "Okay, if you don't want any more children, just go get snipped so that I can quit worrying about and paying for birth control." I was having issues w/ my BC and pretty much told him that I was not going to continue on them.  He pretty much just threw the thing away, so I finally realized that he was not, indeed, through w/ children. Some men are just super weird when it comes to talking about stuff like this. BUT they are usually very straightforward. After many years of marriage, I can tell you that if the guy says he wants another child...he probably means he wants another child LOL. I think us women just read too much into their words. Maybe you should say something like, "Okay, I should be ovulating tomorrow,,,if you want this baby sometime this decade, you better get in here and do something about it!" and just go from there?

JudyAnnMomof4
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:13 PM

You must ask and listen to his honest answer.It is not easy when it may not be what you want to hear.But that is my advice. Judy -married to Doug for 35 years.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:56 AM

My husband told me once that he didn't want to pressure me into getting pregnant again because I was such a mad bitch when I was knocked up the first time that he didn't want me to be able to blame him for me being sick and miserable....LOL!

Quoting Anonymous:

today he said out of no where yea i think ds would like a sibiling" and i just smiled and he continued to eat his lunch lol . i would love another baby and im feeling he does to .

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)