Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Conventional or natural?? (edit)

Posted by   + Show Post
Parenting styles which one are you and why did you choose it.

CONVENTIONAL (previously 'traditional')= typically uses formula (possibly breast fed). Uses disposible diapers, vaccinates, uses stroller/babyswing/bouncers, baby sleeps in own room, circumsizes(if boys), uses many commercial products(laundry soap/tampons/hand sanitizer, ect), traditional hospital birth with meds, ect...

Natural=breastfeed/pump/donor milk, cloth diaper, wear baby, no/delay vaccines, no circ(if boys), more holistic health care, more homeade(mama cloth/laundry detergent/essential oils, ect), home birth/birthing center/no meds, homeschool, co sleep/bedshare, ect

just go with which ever catagory you MOSTLY fit. I know some might have alittle of both.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:13 AM
Replies (31-40):
jerzeetomato
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Traditional mostly, although I did co-sleep with both  my kids.  There were just periods in both of their childhoods that they needed it, and when they didn't, they went off to their own beds.

Pollymom
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Traditional....with a couple strong exceptions...I did not circ and I co-slept....everything else was traditional parenting style.

nicki.hemingway
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:10 AM

almost completely natural

mommaoftwo
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:10 AM

natural

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:10 AM
Natural! I breastfeed, cosleep part time, cloth diaper, delay/seperate vaccines, use natural household items like homemade cleaners and washcloths instead of paper towels, and we just recently started talking about homeschooling!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:11 AM
6 moms liked this

Kiddo was first BF then FF, I used a bouncer/stroller/swing, I also baby wore, we started out seperate but now cosleep because that's what he needs right now, I buy food at a regular grocery store, I vax, and I didn't circ, and I make my own laundry soap. I use tampons. What I'm saying here is that labels are dumb and don't do anything but divide moms.

rose4607
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:13 AM
Traditional
littlebabybliss
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:15 AM
5 moms liked this

I haven't read the responses, but you got the wrong description for traditional. Traditional is what you have listed as "natural" as this has been what's been going on since the dawn of man.

Artificial, I think, works instead of Traditional.

mbeckner777
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:15 AM

I'm about 50/50 so what does that make me? I like doing things that are more natural for the health of my kids but I also have to allow some of the traditional in my life because of the ease. So a little of both works well for us. 

birthymom4
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:16 AM
2 moms liked this

Natural

But to be Honest Natural IS traditional... The other should be referred to as commercial.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)