Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Conventional or natural?? (edit)

Posted by   + Show Post
Parenting styles which one are you and why did you choose it.

CONVENTIONAL (previously 'traditional')= typically uses formula (possibly breast fed). Uses disposible diapers, vaccinates, uses stroller/babyswing/bouncers, baby sleeps in own room, circumsizes(if boys), uses many commercial products(laundry soap/tampons/hand sanitizer, ect), traditional hospital birth with meds, ect...

Natural=breastfeed/pump/donor milk, cloth diaper, wear baby, no/delay vaccines, no circ(if boys), more holistic health care, more homeade(mama cloth/laundry detergent/essential oils, ect), home birth/birthing center/no meds, homeschool, co sleep/bedshare, ect

just go with which ever catagory you MOSTLY fit. I know some might have alittle of both.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:13 AM
Replies (471-480):
Momma_Squirrel
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Mostly traditional. For me its been the best fit for my life, my finances, and my beliefs. I had to have an emergency c-sec so no natural birth for me lol

Hot_Badonkadonk
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:14 PM

I am a mix...breastfeed, wear baby, baby sleeps in own room, disposible diapers, delayed vaccines, will be making homemade baby food... I do cosleep but only in thr afternoons when it is just us in the bed.

DangerMom23MVM
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:19 PM

I am a little of both, but mostly definitely a "natural" parent.

ecagle
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Little of both, but more "natural"

vyette
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:33 PM
Traditional with a little natural (making his food when time comes)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:45 PM

BOTH!

Extended breastfeeding, baby wearing, but I do disposable diapers.

I think the only conventional parenting I do is using disposables part of the time.

bibadiva73
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:52 PM
Leaning more towards natural-- probably less traditional the older I get.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
candi0689
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:05 AM
Traditional
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
devildogtigress
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Natural almost all the way. I breastfed until the child self weaned (#1 @ 20 months while 24 weeks pregnant with #2, #2 at 26 months while in my first trimester with #3, and #3 at 29 months), don't vaccinate, my son is intact (not circ), my children were all worn, with #2 and #3 almost exclusively in a wrap on my back from birth, I made my baby food with #2 and with #3 we skipped baby food completely and she started eating solids off my plate. I cook all homemade foods, no processed foods (unless out running errands and have to stop somewhere), I bake our own bread back when we ate bread, but now we're Paleo so no grains = no bread. I ground my own wheat for my bread even.  I make my own chicken stock, we drink raw milk, I make butter from my raw milk, and....I homeschool.  Oh yes, and cloth diapered from infancy with all 3 kids through potty learning, which was also child-directed and happend around the 3rd birthday for all of them.  

The only non-natural thing I don't do is I don't unschool, but rather follow a more classical method mixed with Charlotte Mason (the latter being the more "natural" method for those that don't unschool).

I practice extended rear facing and extended harnessing, with my 8 year old and 6 yr olds both still riding in a harnessing seat instead of a booster (of course, #1 was a preemie that has contributed to her being very petite for her age and no where near big enough to ride w/o even a booster seat). My yountest, #3, just turned forward facing this past summer as we are approaching 4 years old, and she's gotten too heavy for her seats. She's my one whose big for her age, my son is average to small, and my oldest DD is super petite.  

So, yes....very much natural.  

brandydesiree
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:11 AM
Traditional, but we delay vax and exclusively breastfed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN