Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Conventional or natural?? (edit)

Posted by   + Show Post
Parenting styles which one are you and why did you choose it.

CONVENTIONAL (previously 'traditional')= typically uses formula (possibly breast fed). Uses disposible diapers, vaccinates, uses stroller/babyswing/bouncers, baby sleeps in own room, circumsizes(if boys), uses many commercial products(laundry soap/tampons/hand sanitizer, ect), traditional hospital birth with meds, ect...

Natural=breastfeed/pump/donor milk, cloth diaper, wear baby, no/delay vaccines, no circ(if boys), more holistic health care, more homeade(mama cloth/laundry detergent/essential oils, ect), home birth/birthing center/no meds, homeschool, co sleep/bedshare, ect

just go with which ever catagory you MOSTLY fit. I know some might have alittle of both.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:13 AM
Replies (511-520):
k_hall1784
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 5:55 PM

Conventional, but am slowly making my way toward natural.

hoping for a homebirthPhotobucket

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

ambie25
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 7:07 PM
I'm definitely half and half. I'll go with my own parenting style. ;b
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hippie.Gypsy
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 7:08 PM

Natural.

bmommyx2
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 7:33 PM

I concider myself a more Natural parent / AP but if I have to use your definition I'm about half & half.  I do what feel right for my family

xxshelbyxxx
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:31 PM
I don't think this a good category definition. Because I feel I'm all natural when it comes to parenting but I'm probably not going to homeschool unless something happens and its needed or Jasper decides he wants to. I nurse and never used formula but I do use a stroller, he used a bouncy seat for a month or so, but I also have the sling wherever I go because LO isn't a fan of the stroller. Why isn't strollers and bouncy seats natural? Just because I let him jump til his hearts content doesnt mean Its unnatural. I did have my son circumsized because there's many health issues that can come up if that skin is left there forever, plus if your boy decides he wants to be normal when he's a teen, the surgery will hurt way more then! Ew. Have you ever had sex with an uncirced guy??! I co sleep and bedshare but I do give some vaccines, you just have to research every single one before doing it! I don't make any homemade products because I've never tried but it sounds like something I'd want to, but ill admit I'm a little on the lazy side. And I guess I get why people say that meds during birth isn't natural but hey, I used the blocker and I needed it, so what? I bet if women back in the olden days had access to them they'd use them too! And why isn't hospitals considered natural? ...a professional delivering your baby so nothing goes wrong? That's how I feel safest.
barefootmommi
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:48 PM
I'm a little of both but I fit into the natraul more so
americamom
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 1:55 AM
I am a natural parent that did not do everything seen under the natural route...because I did what worked for my daughter. I used disposables but breastfed for 3 years. I vaccinated MMR, but not until she was older than the prescribed date. She cosleeps and still has access to do so if she wants (she is 6). But I use store bought soaps and things like that. I do also homeschool, but only because this works for her. Another child might have been different. It is just what works for DD.
tnnikkij
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 1:33 PM
Traditional
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gunnbugsmama
by New Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 1:34 PM
Traditional
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elkmomma
by Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 1:34 PM

I tried to do as much natural / holistic as possable. We did circumsize (for helth reasons IMO) but breast fed / pumped untill it was gone.  Son was born in hospital w/o drugs.  I honestly dont think it matters as long as our kids are happy, healthy, and hungry.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)