Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Conventional or natural?? (edit)

Posted by   + Show Post
Parenting styles which one are you and why did you choose it.

CONVENTIONAL (previously 'traditional')= typically uses formula (possibly breast fed). Uses disposible diapers, vaccinates, uses stroller/babyswing/bouncers, baby sleeps in own room, circumsizes(if boys), uses many commercial products(laundry soap/tampons/hand sanitizer, ect), traditional hospital birth with meds, ect...

Natural=breastfeed/pump/donor milk, cloth diaper, wear baby, no/delay vaccines, no circ(if boys), more holistic health care, more homeade(mama cloth/laundry detergent/essential oils, ect), home birth/birthing center/no meds, homeschool, co sleep/bedshare, ect

just go with which ever catagory you MOSTLY fit. I know some might have alittle of both.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:13 AM
Replies (521-530):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 14, 2012 at 2:57 PM
Natural.
mevans
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:31 PM
Hmmm, looks like I'm mostly natural with some traditional thrown in there for good measure. ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
janel09
by Bronze Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 5:11 PM

I guess I would be in between. I do breastfeed up to 2 years. Also the first few months the baby sleeps with me, and prefer to wear the baby than use a stroller, and would prefer to labor at home (which I never get a chance to). I do use vaccines, laundry detergent, and schools.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 14, 2012 at 5:15 PM

I am a "Natural" wannabe momma LOL.  I breastfeed exclusively and extended, I bedshare, baby wear, delay vaccines.  But I did circumcize my son (hubby wouldn't allow it any other way) and we use disposable diapers.  Would have loved to try cloth diapers but unfortunately I have to work and the daycare wouldn't go for it.

Kermitthemom23
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 5:52 PM
I became more natural the more kids I had. Of course my income dropped each kid too so it was more convienience and necissity that changed me than anything
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
buickgirl1986
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 6:57 PM

Natural 

supercarp
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 11:18 AM

The vagina cleans itself; it is a mucus membrane. The penis doesn't: it is covered in skin.

aasmith88
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 2:20 PM
Little of each.. Breast feed till about 9 months, used mostly organic foods, in the beginning used disposable wipes and diapers. Now, we use disposable diapers/ underwear/training pants/ bare butt, and viva paper towels/wash cloths. We also make our own baby butt wash. I had our daughter in the hospital and used epideral( labor was 22 hrs long.. I'm 5' and petite). We use baby laundry detergent, and she does get vac, although we usually out it off a month of when she is "suppose" to have them. She did co-sleep/ bassinet right next to bed up until 6-7 months. I am a SAHM, but I got to school 3 nights a week and possibly might get a PT job 2 nights a week..(her father goes to school but no job..) -- tired of waiting...
I want more then anything to be a SAHM.. But I feel so guilty that we get assistance and her father still doesn't have a job.. He claims to be looking..but my gut tells me he isn't trying hard enough.
Anywhoo..sorry for the rant..
So, I guess I'm a in-between mom. Next child I will do cloth diapers, cloth/paper towel wipes, homemade baby butt wash.. And of course breast feed.
IntactivistMama
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 2:25 PM

I do not believe "Conventional" is vaccinating.

I nursed my son for 14 months. Cloth diapered 19 months (switched to disposable diapers after) no genital mutilation blah blah.

nova.mommy
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 2:26 PM

Traditional

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)