Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Conventional or natural?? (edit)

Posted by   + Show Post
Parenting styles which one are you and why did you choose it.

CONVENTIONAL (previously 'traditional')= typically uses formula (possibly breast fed). Uses disposible diapers, vaccinates, uses stroller/babyswing/bouncers, baby sleeps in own room, circumsizes(if boys), uses many commercial products(laundry soap/tampons/hand sanitizer, ect), traditional hospital birth with meds, ect...

Natural=breastfeed/pump/donor milk, cloth diaper, wear baby, no/delay vaccines, no circ(if boys), more holistic health care, more homeade(mama cloth/laundry detergent/essential oils, ect), home birth/birthing center/no meds, homeschool, co sleep/bedshare, ect

just go with which ever catagory you MOSTLY fit. I know some might have alittle of both.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:13 AM
Replies (531-540):
erinsmom1964
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 2:30 PM

Natural more so but definatley a mix

OhPrettyMama
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 6:03 PM
Natural ;) with some traditional thrown in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
upsy_dayz
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 12:01 AM

A bit of both, leaning more toward natural. We did extended breastfeeding, cloth diapers for a while, but switched to a chemical free disposable when that became too much. I keep our house pretty chemical free. We coslept for the first year. Used a sling, but also a stroller. My boys are vaccinated and circumcised. I had epidurals with both deliveries. I homemade all the baby food and cook most meals at home, but we do fast food occasionally. Currently homeschool, but only until kindergarten years. 

renewlin
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Mostly traditional but breastfeed and pump (great for baby and me) and little meds while delivering (more nervous about the epidural so I opted out of that one!) Our mottos are "Do what you have to do to survive!"  and "Whatever works for you!" Always said we would never co-sleep and we have!  :) 

momoffour31
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 12:52 PM
Conventional all the way baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mysticalmalissa
by Bronze Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 1:12 PM

I'm 50/50.

Jenna44420
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 6:00 PM

A little of both.  I breastfeed, co-sleep, use disposable diapers, and Dreft. :)

storkneedsgps
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 6:07 PM
I plan to do a bit of both. Ill vaccinate but no circumscision. I'm going to try breastfeeding but ill pump at work and bottlefeeding when I can't. I want to try cloth diapers St home but ill use disposable at night and when out. I don't know if ill wear or do a stroller, whatever is easier. Baby will sleep in own room and will cry it out. I want all the benefits of a hospital for the birth, including pain meds. I tried clomid so I'm not opposed to science helping me get my bfp
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yodamom7
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 10:47 AM

This is close to mine; Used hospital for all births because insurance would not pay for homebirth, or even for birthing center.Vac and circ, but made most baby foods, nursed, wore or carried babes when small,but used stroller as they got older, homeschooled, nursed 15 months average.

MeriBH
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 10:48 AM

I'm a hybrid. Breastfed, cloth diapers up until about 11 months when rashes wouldn't go away no matter what I did, vaccinated, plan circumcision for baby 2 (have 5 year old daughter), slept in my bed until 6 months old, traditional hospital birth with a blessing of an epidural. I made much of my own baby food for my daughter. I tried babywearing when my back was up for it, but mostly used a stroller because my body didn't really cooperate with me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN