Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Conventional or natural?? (edit)

Posted by   + Show Post
Parenting styles which one are you and why did you choose it.

CONVENTIONAL (previously 'traditional')= typically uses formula (possibly breast fed). Uses disposible diapers, vaccinates, uses stroller/babyswing/bouncers, baby sleeps in own room, circumsizes(if boys), uses many commercial products(laundry soap/tampons/hand sanitizer, ect), traditional hospital birth with meds, ect...

Natural=breastfeed/pump/donor milk, cloth diaper, wear baby, no/delay vaccines, no circ(if boys), more holistic health care, more homeade(mama cloth/laundry detergent/essential oils, ect), home birth/birthing center/no meds, homeschool, co sleep/bedshare, ect

just go with which ever catagory you MOSTLY fit. I know some might have alittle of both.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:13 AM
Replies (61-70):
Fellie
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Natural all the way. I did my research. :)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
isyn3cams
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:40 AM
Traditional.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marihla
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:41 AM

I room share and breastfeed and baby wear, but I love disposable diapers, strollers, bouncers and vaccination. 

Liebschin
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:44 AM

I'm a little of both, I guess... I exclusively breastfeed (until 9 + months) and child-led wean, use cloth diapers, wear baby, vaccinate, co-sleep, circumsize (we're Jewish), hospital birth with no meds (had to have baby where the insurance would pay!), more homemade (tea tree oil, vinegar, some store bought laundry deteregents - mostly 7th Generation), so mostly Natural, it looks like. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:44 AM
I started out traditional, but now I am more natural. Traditional is easier, but it didn't work out well for my son's health issues.
Mama_Dolly
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:47 AM

a little of both. I use formula only because I couldnt produce milk... (I did give him what very little colosterum I could get out) he is vaccinated "on time" up until his 6 month shots, but will not be getting the flu shot. I uses a moby wrap for the first 6 months of his life... then went inbetween stroller and moby. (now we mostly use stroller.) he is not circ. he slept in a basinet beside our bed until 3 months now(fyi he was in the hospital until 3 weeks old) sleeps in his own room. we use hypoallergenic laundry soap. I use O.B tampons. I was induced because I had hellp syndorm... I asked for an epi because the pain become to much. they had to use forceps to get him out, his heart rate was droping.... I wanted no epi and would have liked a medical center. but where I was to give birth was already desiced for me before my first G.P appt.... (I am no longer with her for other reasons as well)

I would have like to ebf, clothe diaper (but not possible since we only have common laundry)... would have like no medical intervenstion. or drugs. (but I had to or both ds I and I would have died.... but I turned chicken shit...)  every thing else I wouldnt change...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:51 AM

I wore my baby a lot, and had a stroller (kind of necessary in NYC. No bouncers, and only a swing for the first 3 months, when he was colicy. I used natural disposable diapers, and sometime the regular ones. I vaccinated, and am opposed to circumcision, I had a hospital birth, no meds, other than pit, and had a midwife. I breastfed, and used mostly natural baby products. I do not think of myself as either. I was conscientious about the environment, and health, but also practical, and like convenience. 

lullabylily
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:58 AM

I did a mix between traditional and natural.  I am more of the new-age parenting

I breastfeed and pump till each kid were 6 month, use cloth diapers, wear my baby, make my own baby food, vac on time, circumsized, hospital birth, co-sleep, formula feed after 6 month, disposible diapers when traveling or go out, send kids to 'school' at 1 years old, etc.  

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:10 AM

Traditional

mommaboudreaux
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:13 AM

My family is definitely more natural.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)