Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Conventional or natural?? (edit)

Posted by   + Show Post
Parenting styles which one are you and why did you choose it.

CONVENTIONAL (previously 'traditional')= typically uses formula (possibly breast fed). Uses disposible diapers, vaccinates, uses stroller/babyswing/bouncers, baby sleeps in own room, circumsizes(if boys), uses many commercial products(laundry soap/tampons/hand sanitizer, ect), traditional hospital birth with meds, ect...

Natural=breastfeed/pump/donor milk, cloth diaper, wear baby, no/delay vaccines, no circ(if boys), more holistic health care, more homeade(mama cloth/laundry detergent/essential oils, ect), home birth/birthing center/no meds, homeschool, co sleep/bedshare, ect

just go with which ever catagory you MOSTLY fit. I know some might have alittle of both.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:13 AM
Replies (541-548):
segura4
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 7:26 PM

Both Traditional And Natural A little bit of everything. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Oct. 18, 2012 at 10:59 PM

1) Didn't say I felt threatened. Didn't say anyone was right or wrong. The question was "Parenting styles which one are you and why did you choose it." and I answered and gave my why. I am strongly for people being themselves without the labels or categories - that is my parenting style.

2) Doesn't matter why I choose to be anonymous. Why would this bother you?

3) I get the point with only one question mark.

4) Thanks, I did. I wish you a great weekend.

Quoting mommapops:

You could have totally ignored this post. Many women are replying not because they have to ...probably just to see what most women do. No one is being harassed for their choice. I haven't really seen anyone saying that only their choice is the right choice. I'm just curious why you feel so threatened?? Not like one is right and the other wrong. Your anonymous anyway so no one would even know who you are????? I don't know but seems a bit strange that this post pushed your buttons like that. Anyway, hope you have a nice day!

Quoting Anonymous:

Doesn't matter. My decisions are mine to make with those who share life with me and we make them to fit what we have. No tooting horns, no comparison, no labels, no worries.

Why? Because I'm weary of putting people in categories and the this vs that. We're human and we only have so long to live on this earth - no one gets out alive. So, yes, it doesn't matter.

Autumn22
by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 7:03 PM
I'm a bit of both. Hospital births with csection... Breastfeed, doesn't vaccinate... Sends to public school, cosleep, baby wear, store bought toiletries... :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hopeandlove17
by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 9:29 PM
I'm a mixture of both
Vhx
by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Almost entirely natural. Except homemade pads/laundry soap. Yech.

Bookoholic
by Member on Oct. 20, 2012 at 10:50 PM
Unfortunately I'm a half of both, but I guess you could say atm I am more conventional.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
preplovesyou
by on Oct. 21, 2012 at 10:53 AM

In the middle.

sweetmissy_05
by Bronze Member on Oct. 21, 2012 at 10:53 AM
Conventional.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)