Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Do you like where you live?

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:32 PM
  • 47 Replies
1 mom liked this
Are you happy where you live? If you could change it what would you change if anything? Different neighborhood? State? Part of the country? Stay right where you are? Same neighborhood different house?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jillbailey26
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:40 PM

It's okay.  We live in the Atlanta area, but we're planning on moving a little further into north Georgia.  Where it's slower, calmer and there's nicer people, lol.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Courtney610
by Courtney on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:42 PM
My neighborhood is nice and I love the school system. Hate my house. It Is a townhouse that we bought over 5 years ago when house prices were still rising. We were 22 and 23 with 2 kids. It was affordable and we didnt want to rent anymore. Now, it's worth less than we paid for it. We can definitely afford much more now, we just won't be able to sell this.

I've lived in this area since I was 5. I would love to live somewhere else, but the idea of finding an area with good schools makes me nervous. My husband is a computer network engineer. They are needed everywhere. We probably won't leave this area. I just like to think about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Susie on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:58 PM
No
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Punkie74
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:00 PM
I thought the "and why" was a given?? LOL

Quoting atlmom2:

No
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Susie on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:01 PM
LOL, WI sucks.

Quoting Punkie74:

Quoting atlmom2:

No

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
monica1830
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:02 PM

i  like the neighboor hood i live in expect for the speeders n people blarin music at night but i hate the town ful of meth heads but i couldnt move any wo my son dads permission n i know he will say no even though he dont come n see him on a daily basis

Punkie74
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:03 PM
1 mom liked this
LMAO.... **Sulks off to corner and hands Susie's "blunt card" back**

Quoting atlmom2:

LOL, WI sucks.

Quoting Punkie74:

Quoting atlmom2:

No

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LamiavitaDivina
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:03 PM
Yes.. I love our neighborhood!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EireLass
by Ruby Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:23 PM

Yes, I love where I live. I love everything about it. It's a large home, but the master bedroom is on the first floor. Plenty of room upstairs for when the kids come home to visit. We have 10 acres, dead end road with only 5 houses. Our back property is a stream and at the end of the road is a waterfall. We live in the woods, and have all sorts of wildlife. But I'm only 18 miles to the ocean! It's a very small town, 900 people. We don't have anything...no gas, no coffee shop, no convenience store, nothing. No police, volunteer fire, 3 employees in the town hall, 1 mail delivery lady, and 1 lady in the post office. It's very much a farming community, which is great, as that's where we get our food, right from the farmers.

Here's my back yard.

Courtney610
by Courtney on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Gorgeous!

Quoting EireLass:

Yes, I love where I live. I love everything about it. It's a large home, but the master bedroom is on the first floor. Plenty of room upstairs for when the kids come home to visit. We have 10 acres, dead end road with only 5 houses. Our back property is a stream and at the end of the road is a waterfall. We live in the woods, and have all sorts of wildlife. But I'm only 18 miles to the ocean! It's a very small town, 900 people. We don't have anything...no gas, no coffee shop, no convenience store, nothing. No police, volunteer fire, 3 employees in the town hall, 1 mail delivery lady, and 1 lady in the post office. It's very much a farming community, which is great, as that's where we get our food, right from the farmers.

Here's my back yard.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)