Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

take care of your kids! *edit *

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies
2 moms liked this
If you have children why the hell are you out drinking smoking or doing drugs? Grow up I hate when I see people acting like kids when they have their own. If you have time to drink smoke or do drugs you don't take care of your children. Period! When you had them you should have gave up your freedom to do what you want!

I'm not saying you can't drink or smoke but you shouldn't put that in front of your children. I've seen people do it. When you can't put your children first then you need to grow up and stop what you're doing .
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:12 PM
Everything in moderation. Parents shouldn't be all messed up while raising kids, though.
Do you have friends or family doing this? I hate when kids are neglected or see their parents doing drugs and not acting responsibly.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2012 at 4:01 AM

I agree with you OP, some people need to wake up and get out of that high school mentality, it's disgusting!

weirdkids
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:25 AM
2 moms liked this

i have never drank at home with my kids. if i want to let loose they go to our friends house for the night and that is few and far between.my step father is an addict as well as my sister (2 different poisons though) and they have seen and delt with enough with the 2 of them. they know i go out from time to time but they have never seen me under the infuence of anything. every parent needs a break from time to time.

Sunshine257
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:28 AM
I hardly drink and I don't do drugs..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
poeticrose09
by New Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 6:58 AM

I dont agree with doing drugs ever but parents need wind down and me time too. A drink every now and then is ok. Now getting drunk while home with kids isnt acceptable especially if you have younger kids who really depend upon you for everything. 

KRIZZ25
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:01 AM
YEP AGREE 100 PERCENT..I HAVE A FEW FRIENDS LIKE THAT AND FAMILY MEMBER..PISSES ME OFF ..I GAVE UP A LOT FOR MY KIDS..JOBS,MEN,MY SMALLER ASS,MONEY, TIME..THY CAN DO IT..
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:26 AM
I'm not saying never go out when you have kids but put them first... once or twice a month is good enough to let your hair down and have fun
ABeaverhausen
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:07 PM
2 moms liked this

What???  There is nothing wrong with having adult beverages.  Get the fuck over yourself.  And maybe have a drink and a nice shag.

--- Unfit Parenting ---

Please, I'm a miserable troll, stop feeding me this delicious trollfood.

mas2124
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:29 PM
2 moms liked this

So funny that you guys see it as 'growing up' to stop drinking, smoking, etc.

Where I come from, you didn't start doing those things until you ARE grown up.

In moderation, of course.

-Kney-
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:36 PM
1 mom liked this
I have an aunt and uncle who do drugs infront of the kids he will even beat the wife infront of them.. I tried helping but they got pissed and accused me of beating my 6 yr old which isnt true so I stopped talking to them

Im not big into drinking if I do its a glass of wine at night before bed.. I refuse to have that stuff around my kids now I cant stop it all together since my family is big into drinking but I do watch how much they see and I do talk to my 6 yr old son about how drinking is bad

I agree to a point some people I know go out every weekend which is bull but then every now and then is okay.. we also need to wind down relax and be adults once in awhile and not always in the Parent Mood
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)